• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 MLB Season Thread

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I was listening to MLB radio this morning and they were talking about Shohei being moved out of the leadoff spot, and it seemed to work because TYLER WARD hit two home runs.  MLB Radio.  

Shades of Bud Selig congratulating Troy "Glouse" on his WS MVP win in 2002.

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Houston has 4 guys in their lineup batting under .170 

30 minutes ago, Lou said:

Marcus Stroman is 0-3 with an ERA of 6.98 

16 minutes ago, Lou said:

Josh Donaldson and Joey Gallo are batting .340 

combined

Sometimes I am glad Arte doesn’t care about winning.

11 minutes ago, DMVol said:

But trying to carry a guy hitting .128 ain't easy either, even if he is a lights out shortstop.....🤷‍♂️

Tigers were able to carry a .135 BA SS in their dominant 1968 season, granted Ray Oyler only had some 250+ PA’s.   Of course, offenses were destitute in 1968 anyway compared to later years.

19 minutes ago, DMVol said:

But trying to carry a guy hitting .128 ain't easy either, even if he is a lights out shortstop.....🤷‍♂️

Yes, but run prevention has a greater impact on W/L than does run production.  This has been proven to death.

Anyway my point more so than the actual math behind it or how it relates to the Angels, is the impact it has on a team to lose like that.  It's easier letting go of it when someone just got the better of you than thinking how you had it and blew it because of fundamentals.

25 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Tigers were able to carry a .135 BA SS in their dominant 1968 season, granted Ray Oyler only had some 250+ PA’s.   Of course, offenses were destitute in 1968 anyway compared to later years.

You went back 54 years to make a point.  C'mon.  You're better than that.

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

You went back 54 years to make a point.  C'mon.  You're better than that.

Probably a good point, and I did qualify it saying that offenses were way down that year, and thus it was easier to carry that .135 BA.

It is admittedly true that offenses are down throughout MLB, and that Velazquez already has 4 DRS.

Because of that, I’d be happy if he could just hit the Mendoza line.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yes, but run prevention has a greater impact on W/L than does run production.  This has been proven to death.

Anyway my point more so than the actual math behind it or how it relates to the Angels, is the impact it has on a team to lose like that.  It's easier letting go of it when someone just got the better of you than thinking how you had it and blew it because of fundamentals.

True…I actually think we have enough offense that we could live with Velasquez in the low .200’s because he can be a difference maker on defense….but he needs to hit a little…