• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sam Bachman vs. Chris Rodriguez - Who do you like better?

Chris Rodriguez or Sam Bachman?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like better?

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

I don't think they said anything, just "most of the year." But if he's throwing now, that means he could rebab for another month or two, pitch a month in the minors, and be back by the second half.

I think its mostly long toss and creating range of motion...  What Rodriguez has said is that he feels greater strength in the shoulder than he ever has including at any point last season.   Rodriguez and Barria spent a lot of the winter posting their work-outs and programs via Instagram stories.  

55 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

All year was a possibility.  But apparently based on his own comments, he's feeling stronger than at any point last year and chomping at the bit to do more.  Thankfully the Angels are bringing him along slowly because he's a redass.

I like that in a pitcher. We could use a few more of those. 

39 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think its mostly long toss and creating range of motion...  What Rodriguez has said is that he feels greater strength in the shoulder than he ever has including at any point last season.   Rodriguez and Barria spent a lot of the winter posting their work-outs and programs via Instagram stories.  

I specifically asked the trainer if CRod could pitch this year and he said something like “we hope but it’s too soon to tell.”

51 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Best shape of his life?

Bachman needs time to develop - to master a change-up, and whatever else he needs (that 9.4 SO/9 for his profile in A+ isn't great - slightly below league average)  Of course, am concerned about his size - but his GB rate is intriguing - I like strike out pitchers, but I like guys who can routine get groundouts in 2 or 3 pitches even more.  

We already know C-Rod can pitch at the ML level - and  he's 23 - he's shown great, electric stuff - but he doesn't have a long track record of success *or* health - but he's still only 23

If C-Rod can fully recover and stay healthy, and continues to develop, with his stuff, he could be a #2 or 3 starter - or more.  

Bachman I don't think has the ceiling of C-Rod - I hope he can stick as a mid-rotation starter, but could see him as a solid RP/future closer.