• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sam Bachman vs. Chris Rodriguez - Who do you like better?

Chris Rodriguez or Sam Bachman?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like better?

Gonna go with Bachman since he doesn't have the injury history thus far that CRod has, which gives him the possibility of still remaining a SP. I don't see CRod ever being a SP at this point so the ceiling with him is a high leverage RP. A SP with 2 plus plus pitches>High leverage RP from a value standpoint

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Lies ... you know I'm the biggest C-Rod fanboy on the site.   Nobody in the system can match his four pitch arsenal or ability to manufacture outs with multiple pitches. 

Chris Rodriguez went from not pitching above A ball to making MLB hitters look silly.  You can't teach stuff.   If he's healthy, he's a stud and unlike most of you.. I don't put as much weight into his "injured his entire life" stuff.   Dude has a back issue that was misdiagnosed/treated for a year, then took a year to actually fix.

All this having been said, if he's not starting it's pretty much a waste.

I was implying TG's obviously man-crush towards you.

As for C-Rod...yeah, I love his overall repertoire. But I'm very worried about his ability to stay healthy. If it isn't one thing, its another.

But I do agree with you re: starting. For me his stuff plays up much better as a starter, where I would be far less disappointed if Bachman becomes a reliever: he could be a truly elite closer. 

As of now, Bachman.

My main reason for Bachman > C-Rod is health. C-Rod is currently injured and has had multiple injuries in pro ball. Whereas Bachman, as far as I know, is healthy and hasn't had any injuries in pro ball.

CRod’s FB movement was unbelievable last year. And agreed, for a guy to step in from A ball and have the success he did is incredible. I think he needs to learn how to pitch a bit, and it could have contributed to his injury. He also hasn’t thrown at length for a few years. Not ready to write him off. 

Love Bachman’s stuff but until he makes 10-12 starts with his stuff lasting, I think he ends up in the pen. 

57 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Is Rodriguez out for the year? I thought there was a chance he'd be back in the second half.

44 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Both CRod and Canning have been throwing.  

Is this true? I was just basing it off of @Jeff Fletcher’s story when the news first came out that he’d miss “most of 2022” 

41 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Is this true? I was just basing it off of @Jeff Fletcher’s story when the news first came out that he’d miss “most of 2022” 

All year was a possibility.  But apparently based on his own comments, he's feeling stronger than at any point last year and chomping at the bit to do more.  Thankfully the Angels are bringing him along slowly because he's a redass.