• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels re-sign Kurt Suzuki (1 year, $1.75 million), place Chris Rodriguez on 60-day IL

mmc

3 hours ago, cysomeawfulpitcher said:

That Twitter page is pathetic.  "You need to relax"?  6 straight seasons of losing with 2 a game below 500 because of that turn the page crap and you're telling others to relax.  Piss off.

At least my Rams won.  Still, silver lining don't change the frustration.

homer simpson middle finger GIF

Yea ok. Let’s pretend the turn the page philosophy had anything to do with the record. 

21 minutes ago, True Grich said:

It's threads like this one that keep me entertained.  People losing their minds over a signing like Suzuki is message board gold.

I can understand when people wring their hands about some random minor league signing or last guy on the 40 man, but this dude just totally sucks and he's actually gonna play a decent amount.  And God forbid Stassi gets hurt which would put Kurt out there most days.  

There's actually a very good chance he could be even worse than he was last year and get even more PA.  

I've been banging the drum on depth all off season.  Last year was fairly catastrophic from and injury standpoint, but our 'depth' got us

about 2200 plate appearances and -2.1 WAR.   That's over a third of our total PA.  And that doesn't count Fletcher, Iglesias and Upton who are still problems (or the spot they vacated).  

Josh Harrison is a solid example.  5.5m.  Played mostly 2b/3b.  Filled in at SS and LF.  Solid defender.  Not bad with the bat.  Put up 1.5 wins last year.  So let's say he'd put up about 1 win conservatively off the bench.  He's not even really my first choice.  

But my point is that 300 and 200 and 100 and 50 and 25 plate appearances from a bunch of really shitty players adds up to about 1/4th of your team being totally and completely shitty.  

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I can understand when people wring their hands about some random minor league signing or last guy on the 40 man, but this dude just totally sucks and he's actually gonna play a decent amount.  And God forbid Stassi gets hurt which would put Kurt out there most days.  

There's actually a very good chance he could be even worse than he was last year and get even more PA.  

I've been banging the drum on depth all off season.  Last year was fairly catastrophic from and injury standpoint, but our 'depth' got us

about 2200 plate appearances and -2.1 WAR.   That's over a third of our total PA.  And that doesn't count Fletcher, Iglesias and Upton who are still problems (or the spot they vacated).  

Josh Harrison is a solid example.  5.5m.  Played mostly 2b/3b.  Filled in at SS and LF.  Solid defender.  Not bad with the bat.  Put up 1.5 wins last year.  So let's say he'd put up about 1 win conservatively off the bench.  He's not even really my first choice.  

But my point is that 300 and 200 and 100 and 50 and 25 plate appearances from a bunch of really shitty players adds up to about 1/4th of your team being totally and completely shitty.  

Yes, everyone knows his numbers are horrific. So... you have to ask yourself, why did Minasian sign him? I think we can conclude he signed Suzuki for his "intangibles." Like it or not... that appears to be it. 

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.