• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

I'm sorry but I just really don't know how anyone could feel good about our rotation.  Half of it is comprised of a reliever, a guy who's made 5 starts in the majors, and someone who hasn't pitched in 2 years.  The other 3 didn't solidify their spots in the rotation until last season.  And behind them all we have are what, Barria and Junk?  We have the potential to get real thin real quick.

Just now, mmc said:

I'm sorry but I just really don't know how anyone could feel good about our rotation.  Half of it is comprised of a reliever, a guy who's made 5 starts in the majors, and someone who hasn't pitched in 2 years.  The other 3 didn't solidify their spots in the rotation until last season.  And behind them all we have are what, Barria and Junk?  We have the potential to get real thin real quick.

I don't know anyone who "feels good" about it, but it is just as likely to be solid as it is bad.

2 minutes ago, mmc said:

I get what you’re saying, but the alternative now is trading for a guy that hurts your depth somewhere else and puts Detmers in the minors.  

8 minutes ago, mmc said:

Doubt SD trades Paddack unless you take the Hosmer contract

Paddock and Hosmer for Upton and 100% of his contract.  I wouldn't mind having Paddock, but I certainly don't want Hosmer and the $60 million owed to him over the next 4 years.

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Paddock and Hosmer for Upton and 100% of his contract.  I wouldn't mind having Paddock, but I certainly don't want Hosmer and the $60 million owed to him over the next 4 years.

Hosmer's proposed AAV on the Mets was between 6-7 million.  Eat half of that and flip him.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

The way he feels about the rotation is how I feel about the outfield.  

I felt a lot better about the rotation with the prospect of Rodriguez and Canning being available.  Now not so much.  

At least the outfield and rotation have a chance to be solid.  Which can't be said about the MIF.  

1 minute ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Dude this is like calling a no hitter in the 8th inning. Some shit you just can’t say.

Who the fuck do you think I am? AJ?

I have not those powers. Also we haven't even started batting practice. Trout is taking a pregame dump.

39 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Out of all their top prospects, I think Julio is the one who is going to be an absolute star. 

100% agree. He has looked phenomenal. I'm not buying the Kelenic hype. He may still very good, but he's not the next generation talent. Rodriguez sports a far, far better chance of being so.

The Mariners are going to be really interesting to watch. They over-achieved quite a bit last year, but they have some young talent that could offset that this year. I also could see some of their trade gambles - even Winker - disappointing. And despite what he's said, I can't believe Dipoto won't be fighting extreme temptation to swing multiple big trades throughout the year that eat away at club chemistry. That takes a toll and it was evident last summer when they dealt Graveman.