• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Spring Training Hot Stove Thread

mmc

We did Albert and his legacy an absolute favor by releasing him.   Could have buried him on the bench or let him play everyday where he would have failed even worse.  Would have played out his miserable contract as a bust remembered as much for that horrendous contract vs. his career achievements.  Instead, the Angels caught flack for releasing a legend and then he was able to catch on and become tio gordo with the dogs.  Parlaying that into 2.5m so he could do a victory lap with the cards as tio gordo segunda.    We made the right choice, but frankly I'm pretty tired of his stupid face.  

Albert has been a negative WAR player for five consecutive seasons.

As a baseball player, he isn’t worth a dime.

I guess the bean counters in St. Louis have calculated they can make a buck marketing a side show.

That’s what he is now.  Albert is a carnival side show.

What a weird case study in ego/pride.  He has so much pride that he has no pride.

Edited by Dtwncbad

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Albert has been a negative WAR player for five consecutive seasons.

As a baseball player, he isn’t worth a dime.

I guess the bean counters in St. Louis have calculated they can make a buck marketing a side show.

That’s what he is now.  Albert is a carnival side show.

What a weird case study in ego/pride.  He has so much pride that he has no pride.

He was a side show for Angels for 10 years. I just hope after 10 years of Albert, horrible signing of Hamilton, extension of Upton and yea so far signing of Rendon just do not work out. Finally I think Angels are developing a system that is producing players. Yes I would be for extension of Ohtani not more than 6 years.

32 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

He was a side show for Angels for 10 years. I just hope after 10 years of Albert, horrible signing of Hamilton, extension of Upton and yea so far signing of Rendon just do not work out. Finally I think Angels are developing a system that is producing players. Yes I would be for extension of Ohtani not more than 6 years.

He was not a side show for 10 years here.  He was a way overpaid contributor for five years, then a financial albatross.

It reached carnival side show right around when he got released.

The truth is damming enough with exaggerating.