• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How do we fix this?

Ok, lets put aside whether the immediate response to COVID was right at the time or not.

Regardless, we know that kids have been negatively affected by this in an extreme way.  Suicide is up, depression is way up.  Their education has been stunted for one or maybe two years depending on where they live.

How do we fix this?  How can we step in and turn some of this around?

13 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Ok, lets put aside whether the immediate response to COVID was right at the time or not.

Regardless, we know that kids have been negatively affected by this in an extreme way.  Suicide is up, depression is way up.  Their education has been stunted for one or maybe two years depending on where they live.

Just gotta give your kids love is all you can do. Luckily my kids are grown now but I think before any pandemic came along, suicide, depression, stunted education, were already happening from too many smart devices in their hands and social media. That shits worse on them than Covid. 

Just my opinion, fire away at will. 

Schools should open up and go back to normal, in class learning as much as possible. Ignore the teachers unions and their complaining. The teachers should get themselves vaccinated if they are so concerned and then they have little to worry about.  I think our reactions to Covid is going to be much worse on kids than the actual virus itself. 

1 minute ago, Crampknees said:

Just gotta give your kids love is all you can do. Luckily my kids are grown now but I think before any pandemic came along, suicide, depression, stunted education, were already happening from too many smart devices in their hands and social media. That shits worse on them than Covid. 

Just my opinion, fire away at will. 

Good points. Our kids have a lot more problems that are separate from what the schools are or aren't doing. 

Education in the US is just fucked.  You still have Critical Race Theory.  Pronouns.  Men dominating women sports.  Bullying.  Guns.  Social Media.  Etc.  The only way to turn it around is to go private school.  I.e. the rich get richer.  Covid was just one more nail in the coffin.

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

This isn't just about schools though.  I don't know that just loving your kids is going to help a lot.  Consider all of the kids in this country that don't have decent parenting.  Even in families that are solid, the trends aren't looking good.

The scary thing is that these kids that don't have decent parenting tend to curve towards the lower income side.  A rich person with bad parenting just sticks them in private schools to teach them.  A poor person is dependent on the public schools for not only education but babysitting, and their kids are greatly influenced by what their teachers and environment teaches them.  Look at all those instances of teachers having rainbow flags or blm flags, but won't put up a US flag.  Look at all the schools getting rid of standardization because it's racist or unfair or some shit like that.  

8 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

400 million free mask. Problem solved!

5 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Which brings to question why in the hell do libs and the media keep pushing alternative lifestyles and families? 

It started with women's liberation - getting mom into the workforce to double the tax base, then removing the stigma around divorce to create dependency. Not sure what the benefit is to further breaking down traditional family structures, but it ain't about liberty 

15 minutes ago, Adam said:

It started with women's liberation - getting mom into the workforce to double the tax base, then removing the stigma around divorce to create dependency. Not sure what the benefit is to further breaking down traditional family structures, but it ain't about liberty 

which also served as a great way to keep wages down.