• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bobby Abreu HOFer?

Stradling

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

Reached base more times, more doubles, more home runs, more runs, more RBIs, more stolen bases all in less games than Gwynn. 

15 less games. Runs scored and RBI are team driven. Career Abreu was a career 128 OPS+ hitter while Gwynn a 132. You need to dig deeper for your argument and not try and hang it all on hitting. 

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

15 less games. Runs scored and RBI are team driven. Career Abreu was a career 128 OPS+ hitter while Gwynn a 132. You need to dig deeper for your argument and not try and hang it all on hitting. 

It's a good thing HOF voters don't consider those stats.

21 minutes ago, Lou said:

Actually, Strad said those numbers are better.

Well those numbers are better. Well more doubles, more home runs, more stolen bases and being on base more times are all better. They are better because of the word more. Was he the better player?  No.  Offensively he was more productive. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

I remember when you used to die on the hill that the most important pitching stat was wins.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

"Don't hang it all on hitting"

*posts hitting numbers*

It was rebuttal to Strads one dimensional argument that Abreu was a better hitter, which is false. Abreu had opportunities to hit in easier home parks like Philly and Yankees stadium. Gwynn spent his entire career with the Padres at the Murph, not a hitters paradise, even more difficult for lefties to hit home runs and yet Gwynn had a higher career OPS+. 

I said dig deeper because he hasn't posted much more than a basic slash line which didn't include defense. 

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

I remember when you used to die on the hill that the most important pitching stat was wins.

You are wrong and please be quiet, the grownups are talking. 

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Are you denying it? To be fair, this was years ago. 

I'm saying you are acting like a child and have selective memories that don't include context. You also like hijacking threads instead of contributing to the discussion. So, hush.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I'm saying you are acting like a child and have selective memories that don't include context. You also like hijacking threads instead of contributing to the discussion. So, hush.

I've already given my opinion in this thread. I believe Abreu should be in the HOF, but I respect those who don't.