• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Internal Pitching Development

BTH

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

One time i was smoking a cigarette w some guy I worked with, that nobody liked. And two english guys came up and asked if they could bum a fag

And I said "you can have robert here!"

They didnt get it, and my coworker got pissed. And I thought I was the witty king of the world. 

And there was nobody there to cheer, throw roses at me, and offer me their sister.

And all these years later, when I tell the story, nobody thinks its as great as I do.

But I still like telling that story.

Integrity is doing the right thing even when nobody is watching

14 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Well last season the entire organization took a huge step forward in regards to pitching. There were a ton of huge developments in the minor leagues for pitchers like Reid Detmers, Ryan Smith, Cooper Criswell, Davis Daniel, Kyle Tyler, Cris Molina, Robinson Pina, John Swanda and Austin Warren (and I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few more). The 2021 draft class as a whole had strong performances in albeit a small sample size after being drafted. We also can't forget the huge steps taken forward by guys like Patrick Sandoval and Jose Suarez in the majors. I know the last few days have been doom and gloom in regards to signing that last starter for the rotation, but the organization as a whole is trending in the right direction in developing their own pitching which is the best way to go about solving the problem. Glad to see they are looking on way to improve and build upon last season.

That's the key thing.  It does seem we saw a good amount of internal development from our pitchers, more than at least I feel we have seen for awhile (anecdotally).  If Minasian can implement a strong developmental system that enables us to start pumping out good young pitchers, that truly would be his most important impact of all.

I'm very eager to see how these guys fare next year as well.  We just drafted 20 pitchers, some of whom debuted and looked very good (in very limited action).

7 hours ago, Warfarin said:

That's the key thing.  It does seem we saw a good amount of internal development from our pitchers, more than at least I feel we have seen for awhile (anecdotally).  If Minasian can implement a strong developmental system that enables us to start pumping out good young pitchers, that truly would be his most important impact of all.

I'm very eager to see how these guys fare next year as well.  We just drafted 20 pitchers, some of whom debuted and looked very good (in very limited action).

Crowe is another. Then there was a kid from the Dominican sighnings who's last name started with a G. Can't remember the name.  He threw up some insane numbers.