• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Aaron Loup (2 years, $15 million + $7.5M club option/$2M buyout), DFA Yan

mmc

12 minutes ago, drpiranha said:

How about sending Upton + 6 mil to the White Sox for Kimbrel. We get our closer and free up 6 mil. Would the White Sox do it?

Really, the key thing you should ask is, "would Upton do it?"  Upton has a NTC and can reject a trade anywhere.

No team would pay more than maybe 3 mil for Upton, so basically, he is going to be our 4th OF.  As a platoon option against LHP, he might be serviceable in that role.

36 minutes ago, drpiranha said:

How about sending Upton + 6 mil to the White Sox for Kimbrel. We get our closer and free up 6 mil. Would the White Sox do it?

I can’t really think of a good reason the Chisox would want to do this.

49 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I think we gotta give up the dream of trading Upton. It's not going to happen.

If anything happens he'll get Pujols'd.

Gross.

Ill tell you whats gross. Whats gross is if we had the opportunity to release his brother, who would sign with the dodgers right after. And be known as "uncle BJ"

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ill tell you whats gross. Whats gross is if we had the opportunity to release his brother, who would sign with the dodgers right after. And be known as "uncle BJ"

Well now he's Retirement BJ. Gotta take the teeth out so you can really get the gums in there.

• 7 months later...
On 11/22/2021 at 9:53 PM, Docwaukee said:

I guess I like the player although the move is puzzling to me.  It's not like he's an elite reliever and had an elite season at age 33.  So a decent add depending on his potential role but damn if he's not a potential poster child for pen volatility.  And I agree that Iglesias is likely out as I don't see them spending 25 mil on two pen arms.  let alone 17-18m on one.  So maybe Syndergaard is an upgrade over Cobb and maybe Loup is good enough to where that upgrade off sets the downgrade from Iglesias.  

So the net result so far at 28.5 mil is probably a break even?  Maybe.  

Anyway, I understood the Syndergaard move and it made me think I kinda understood where they might be going.  With this move I'm now back to being fully confused.  It's got the potential to mean that they're about to go huge on spending or it means they're about to do some really stupid crap.  Or I guess it could mean that they'll leave the team unfinished

oh well.  

10 hours ago, ukyah said:

AO wishes he could come up with that. his name game skill has fallen off a cliff.

On 6/21/2022 at 9:37 PM, Angel Oracle said:

F U Wantz and Poup!!!!

Is it too much to ask, to actually have relievers who aren’t pus throwers?

Nice job pitching staff!

Royals WERE 13 in AL runs and 12th in AL OPS before this series!

What a joke of a franchise!

Losing a home series to both the wretched O’s and Royals!!!!

On 6/18/2022 at 3:36 PM, Angel Oracle said:

DFA Poup!

No one will trade for him.

Finished!

On 5/30/2022 at 2:06 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Still waiting for someone to convince me that this team is different from the past 6 seasons.

What will prevent them from going 3-12 in the next 15 games????

Oh, thanks a lot Poup and Doug Corbett Tepera!!!!   For sucking!!!!!!