• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rittenhouse Trial

Final jury is chosen in Rittenhouse trial

Final jury is chosen in Rittenhouse trial

Kyle Rittenhouse pulls numbers of jurors out of a tumbler during his trial at the Kenosha County Courthouse in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Tuesday. The jurors selected through this process will not participate in deliberations. (Sean Krajacic/The Kenosha News via AP, Pool)

Kyle Rittenhouse has selected 6 of the 18 jurors Tuesday to be alternates.

The other 12 -- seven women and five men -- have been sent off by the judge to begin deliberations.

I had no idea that some jurisdictions picked juries this way. 

14 hours ago, Blarg said:

Dude, Baldwin is an actor on a closed set and he is neither the prop master or armorer.  He was handed a gun that was declared "cold" which means unloaded.  It was supposed to go through two safety checks before handed to the actor but the chain if possession was fucked. There was not supposed to be live rounds on the set at all.

This is not a Baldwin problem, it's a you problem trying to assign blame to a lib you hate. Get the fuck over it, it was a tragedy brought on by a shitty production company hiring 3rd rate crews. 

Seriously, Baldwin is also a victim of what happened.

6 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

If you don't think killing someone (even if it's an accident and not your fault) has the potential to traumatize someone, then you are very naive.

How do you pull the trigger on the gun and it not be your fault? He obviously took someone's word that it was unloaded and that is very poor gun handling skills. I said above I'm sure he feels awful about it and yes, it is traumatizing. Do you think Rittenhouse could have some trauma based on his experience too? 

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

How do you pull the trigger on the gun and it not be your fault? He obviously took someone's word that it was unloaded and that is very poor gun handling skills. I said above I'm sure he feels awful about it and yes, it is traumatizing. Do you think Rittenhouse could have some trauma based on his experience too? 

alec-baldwin-kill-someone-tweet13-1.png 

Just now, Jason said:

Well that's an incredibly narrow minded view of responsibility and fault, but whatever. I think it can not be your fault if there's a system in place that you're meant to rely on, and that you're told by people who are supposed to know better than you that it's not dangerous and it's ready for the scene. He's just an actor, it's not his job to be a prop or weapons expert, he relies on other people who are supposed to know more about it than him. A film set, much like many other workplaces, relies on different people contributing in different ways, for the purpose of efficiency, that's all he did. He did the same thing he's probably done many times, and the reason it went different this time is because someone else failed in their responsibility. If a mechanic of a race car fucks up and it leads to an accident where someone in another car gets killed or injured, is it the driver's fault for trusting the system they've always relied on?

And yes, I do think he could have trauma.

2 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

Well that's an incredibly narrow minded view of responsibility and fault, but whatever. I think it can not be your fault if there's a system in place that you're meant to rely on, and that you're told by people who are supposed to know better than you that it's not dangerous and it's ready for the scene. He's just an actor, it's not his job to be a prop or weapons expert, he relies on other people who are supposed to know more about it than him. A film set, much like many other workplaces, relies on different people contributing in different ways, for the purpose of efficiency, that's all he did. He did the same thing he's probably done many times, and the reason it went different this time is because someone else failed in their responsibility. If a mechanic of a race car fucks up and it leads to an accident where someone in another car gets killed or injured, is it the driver's fault for trusting the system they've always relied on?

And yes, I do think he could have trauma.

As this board's gun guy and someone who carries a gun, I take firearm safety very seriously. It is a deadly weapon that I am responsible for so I think taking someone's word on it's condition is just really dumb, whether it's on a film set or not. I'm sure there is the ability to make movie guns incapable of firing live ammunition so that may be something to consider. I don't really know much about Hollywood sets and what they use but I'm sure it will be a hot topic in that community. For the amount of movies with guns, Hollywood seems to have a good system in place as there have only been 3 incidents like this one. As far as your car analogy, it's not quite the same as inspecting the major functions of it are far more complex and take significant training and tools to do that. It would have taken Baldwin 3 second to look at what's in the gun's cylinder. He would have seen the live round and then could have fired everyone else that was responsible to check it. Then the woman wouldn't have died either. If someone isn't willing to learn basic gun safety and practice it then they shouldn't ever handle one. 

16 hours ago, Jason said:

Rule #1 Treat every gun as if it was loaded. He didn't do that.  It has nothing to do with him being a lib, other than having zero knowledge about the firearms he's handling. You are 100% correct about everything else but he also played a role. I don't believe in firearm "accidents" it's always negligence. When I get a gun out of my safe the first thing I do is check it, even though I'm the only one in my house with access and the only one who ever handles them. No such thing as being too safe handling a gun.   

It's a prop gun you dimwit. It's never supposed to have live rounds. Never. So your rule, which is common sense for the public, doesn't apply. Baldwin is working in his field with their rules, their safety protocols and it has no relationship to your indivdual gun safety rules. Quit being dense.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

It's a prop gun you dimwit. It's never supposed to have live rounds. Never. So your rule, which is common sense for the public, doesn't apply. Baldwin is working in his field with their rules, their safety protocols and it has no relationship to your indivdual gun safety rules. Quit being dense.

Well it didn't work out and woman died with those rules. Maybe my rules are better and ultimately more safe. What do you think would have happened had Baldwin looked in the cylinder? Could that have prevented this tragedy? Maybe Hollywood folks are comfortable with these practices but I wouldn't be.  Serious question, if its a prop gun then how is it capable of firing live rounds? I always assumed movie sets used a combination of real and fake guns in movies.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I can be a dimwit (sometimes down right, fucking stupid)at times but being staunch on gun safety really doesn't feel like one of those moments.  

I agree.

I don't own firearms and never will. I do, however, agree with you on this matter. 

Verdict: not a dimwit 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Just because it's a prop gun, doesn't mean it isn't a real gun.  See the Rocks statement that he will no longer allow real guns on set, and only dummy guns, with CGI being used to make the effects after.  

It's idiotic that you don't check the gun yourself.  Heck, a number of actors have questioned why he didn't check it himself.  As that was what they were taught about gun safety on the set.  

13 minutes ago, Lou said:

I haven't read the exact details of how this occurred. How did a crew member end up dead? Did Baldwin point the gun at her? Were they filming at the time? If not, why was Baldwin pulling the trigger? 

Supposedly from what I read a while ago.  He was practicing a scene or something, and wanted it to look real.  Guess it looked real.

15 minutes ago, Lou said:

I haven't read the exact details of how this occurred. How did a crew member end up dead? Did Baldwin point the gun at her? Were they filming at the time? If not, why was Baldwin pulling the trigger? 

Blarg is right that the crew was 3rd rate. While not filming multiple crew member had real ammo and went out plinking cans. Obviously a really stupid thing to have real ammo anywhere near the set. Somehow the ammo made its way onto the set or was never removed from the gun. One big fuck up for sure