• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They aren’t signing Correa

I hope not, but Rendon came out of left field, so I wouldn't really put it past Arte to do this.

What it would do, though, is re-affirm the belief that it really doesn't matter who the GM is, as the trend would be very consistent:

1.  Sign pitchers to 1 year deals

2.  Sign some big name position player to a gigantic deal that will eventually be deeply regretted

Just now, CanadianHalo said:

I’m not sure what would be worse. The fact we signed Correa or that Angels1961 can claim he was right about news being broke before 1030

Given the Angels' ways of secrecy, I feel like this news would break on 12/1 a bit before 8:59pm, or close to it.

I don't think we will sign Correa but I would don't be surprised at all by it. Arte loves high profile offensive players. I would not be surprised at all if Arte came over the top on a 10 year offer to Correa just because we've seen his track record. 

If that is the route Arte takes this team, Perry better be ready to offload Adell or Marsh + others for Castillo. 

1 minute ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I don't think we will sign Correa but I would don't be surprised at all by it. Arte loves high profile offensive players. I would not be surprised at all if Arte came over the top on a 10 year offer to Correa just because we've seen his track record. 

If that is the route Arte takes this team, Perry better be ready to offload Adell or Marsh + others for Castillo. 

Exactly.  If they are going to go for it, might as well.  Can include whatever middle infielder prospects we have, since Correa and Fletcher will man the middle infield for a very long time moving forward.