• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

A deal was agreed to with the Dodgers a year ago for Joc Pederson and Stripling, Andy Pages and that fell through. 

Anything can happen in negotiations and new teams who have missed out on a top starter could enter into the mix and offer way more money than the Angels. 

These things are fluid and happen all the time. 

That said, I'm still pretty confident that it will happen....but you can never be 100% on these things. 

One thing is for certain (and another member here can vouch) that my post the other day was well before Ken Rosenthal's column which said we are Ray's top suitor.

That in itself should bring credence and validate my post. 

Time to pivot. This blows, but these things happen. 

The good news is the Angels outbid the Dodgers for Scherzer and have that money to spend, and while Ray was their top target and missed on him, Stroman has been pretty consistent in his career, while Ray had a career year in 2021. 

Also why isn't everyone talking about Carlos Rodon enough? His stuff and stats were on par with Robbie Ray in 2021 outside of innings pitched (since he missed some time). 

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Time to pivot. This blows, but these things happen. 

The good news is the Angels outbid the Dodgers for Scherzer and have that money to spend, and while Ray was their top target and missed on him, Stroman has been pretty consistent in his career, while Ray had a career year in 2021. 

Also why isn't everyone talking about Carlos Rodon enough? His stuff and stats were on par with Robbie Ray in 2021 outside of innings pitched (since he missed some time). 

They have about four hours to show me I should stay interested.

What a bleak offseason for this team.  Not only does it look like we won't be able to improve nearly enough to make the playoffs the next couple years while the Astros remain on top, the Rangers and Mariners are ensuring they will be competing very soon, once their loaded farm systems hit the majors.  I don't see a window for this team anymore.