• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2021-22 Hot Stove League Thread.

6 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I kinda think Gausman is gonna be the one they get...

If there is any truth to what Gubicza said, that plus the Giants locking in several other SPs give me a bit of a sense that there's some noise that Gausman is getting close to signing with the Angels, and the Giants are pivoting to fill out other needs quickly, including a guy who might be squeezed out of Anaheim when the Gausman news breaks, before other teams have chance to jump in. Could be Gausman is still deciding between SF and Anaheim and that's holding up final offers for Cobb too.

Perry was in Atlanta when they grabbed Gausman and turned him around from Baltimore. There's a connection there. Won't cost a QO like Ray. Better track record too. Safer than Scherzer. More upside than Stroman. 

Don't think the Angels sign Matz.

Is it wrong if I mainly want Gausman now only because Dipoto is in on him too?

Just now, rafibomb said:

Is it wrong if I mainly want Gausman now only because Dipoto is in on him too?

No. I hope Dipoto has done such damage to his reputation that no FA wants to sign there. That teams look at the frequent trading and lack of cohesive clubhouse chemistry and go "eh no thanks."

That'd be about as close to poetic as could get.

Robbie Ray kinda feels like he'll wind up preferring MW or East Coast. 

Gausman also seems like he could have quite a variance in his deal. I could see 4 years, 5, years, even 6 or with options for 7, and that could allow more creativity in the deal or with backloading.

3 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Gausman would be awesome. Wonder if they'd still be in the market for another SP if that were to happen

I really can’t see it. If someone told me we would get Syndergaard and Gausman in the offseason I don’t think I would have believed them. I’d rather save that money especially with other needs at shortstop, catcher and the pen.

56 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I really can’t see it. If someone told me we would get Syndergaard and Gausman in the offseason I don’t think I would have believed them. I’d rather save that money especially with other needs at shortstop, catcher and the pen.

I doubt it. At that point it’d be someone super cheap like Michael Lorenzen for 1/$5m and an opportunity to be the 6th SP, or a rebound like Jake Junis, or a trade for someone with low salary and control. Someone that they think they can replicate Cobb’s turnaround last year with on the cheap. 

Edited by totdprods

Report says Red's have announced they are open to discussing Sonny Gray! AGAIN.....

Ok, F' it go for it! Sign Stroman & Matz and  trade for Sonny Gray!

Then trade for the Shortstop and Catcher.

Sign the bullpen.

Rotation:

1. Stroman 4/95M - 15M year 1

2. Syndergaard  - 21M

3. Gray - 2022 - 10.2M and 2023 - 12M

4. Matz - 2/28M 

5. Ohtani 

6. Whoever is left (the AAA shuttle)

13 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Report says Red's have announced they are open to discussing Sonny Gray! AGAIN.....

Ok, F' it go for it! Sign Stroman & Matz and  trade for Sonny Gray!

Then trade for the Shortstop and Catcher.

Sign the bullpen.

Rotation:

1. Stroman 4/95M - 15M year 1

2. Syndergaard  - 21M

3. Gray - 2022 - 10.2M and 2023 - 12M

4. Matz - 2/28M 

5. Ohtani 

6. Whoever is left (the AAA shuttle)

They don’t need more than two more starters. If they traded for Gray, they could sign one more and then focus on other needs. 

Wowza that’s a pretty good deal…if you’re Steven Matz.

That mid-tier FA SP class has to be licking their chops. Glad we got Syndergaard when we did. John Gray is gonna get paid, as will Alex Cobb. Stroman might safely get Wheeler money at this point. 

Gausman is my bet.

Edited by totdprods

9 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Wowza that’s a pretty good deal…if you’re Steven Matz.

That mid-tier FA SP class has to be licking their chops. Glad we got Syndergaard when we did. John Gray is gonna get paid, as will Alex Cobb. Stroman might safely get Wheeler money at this point. 

Gausman is my bet.

Gausman 7 years 140 mill