• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Movie scenes

Tank

8 hours ago, Tank said:

I hadn’t seen that movie in 20+ years, so when it came on over the summer, I settled and rewatched it. Good solid film. “You gonna make the weight?”

When I wrestled, that movie was like the bible. We'd all rent it like every other weekend..... then starve ourselves, and go run.

Totally different weekends when I was a kid than now.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

When I wrestled, that movie was like the bible. We'd all rent it like every other weekend..... then starve ourselves, and go run.

Totally different weekends when I was a kid than now.

Same here buddy.  Visionquest was the standard for all wrestlers.  I must have made my girlfriend (now my wife) see that movie like 5 times at Puente Hills mall.

Madonna was hot as hell back then, but for some reason I had the hots for Linda Fiorentino.  Something sexy about her.

19 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Same here buddy.  Visionquest was the standard for all wrestlers.  I must have made my girlfriend (now my wife) see that movie like 5 times at Puente Hills mall.

Madonna was hot as hell back then, but for some reason I had the hots for Linda Fiorentino.  Something sexy about her.

That's our third Puente Hills mall reference in this thread. 

38 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

It was her gravely voice.

And the fact louden swain was able to take her down, nosebleeds and all. 

Now i want to go climb the pegboards. And listen to lunatic fringe

2 hours ago, St1ck said:

That's our third Puente Hills mall reference in this thread. 

Probably a lot of San Gabriel Valley people on this forum.  Also, Puente Hills Theater was the premiere place back in the day to watch a movie, then go drink a few beers across the street at Schabarum Park and bang your girlfriend.

Not necessarily in that order.

3 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

but for some reason I had the hots for Linda Fiorentino.  Something sexy about her.

she was fiery and sexy. 

if you haven't seen it, there's another really terrific and underrated film with her and anthony edwards called "gotcha!". some of the scenes were filmed at UCLA. it centers around how a college student playing a campus game gets involved in international spy stuff, and it's a great fun film.

33 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

Probably a lot of San Gabriel Valley people on this forum.  Also, Puente Hills Theater was the premiere place back in the day to watch a movie, then go drink a few beers across the street at Schabarum Park and bang your girlfriend.

I was a bit too young for those other things but I have been to that park plenty of times. 

16 minutes ago, Tank said:

she was fiery and sexy. 

if you haven't seen it, there's another really terrific and underrated film with her and anthony edwards called "gotcha!". some of the scenes were filmed at UCLA. it centers around how a college student playing a campus game gets involved in international spy stuff, and it's a great fun film.

This is also a good one of hers.

IMDb: : The Last Seduction
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110308/

6 hours ago, Tank said:

she was fiery and sexy. 

I never saw the whole thing. But did those gotcha paintball guns in the movie come first, or vice versa? Like did people make money selling movie merchandise, or someone made a movie off the toy?

8 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

I think it was Manzanita Park back then.  Thinking of the wrong park.  

But Schabarum I thought was named something else before.  

Had to look it up.  Otterbein Park was what it was called when I grew up there.

Edited by gotbeer

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I never saw the whole thing. But did those gotcha paintball guns in the movie come first, or vice versa? Like did people make money selling movie merchandise, or someone made a movie off the toy?

It really wasn’t a big enough movie to have merchandise - no A listers in it, no huge marketing campaign to speak of.

I think paintball campus was already well established before the movie came out. We didn’t have it on my school campus, but I remember hearing about it before the movie came out. 

On 10/14/2021 at 10:05 PM, Tank said:

It really wasn’t a big enough movie to have merchandise - no A listers in it, no huge marketing campaign to speak of.

I think paintball campus was already well established before the movie came out. We didn’t have it on my school campus, but I remember hearing about it before the movie came out. 

Gotcha, thanks

(Get it?)