• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Global Supply Chain

Lhalo

On 11/27/2021 at 1:53 AM, Tank said:

Yes. No brands available for any of those products at various times. 

The egg problem was temporary, and the toilet paper issue goes back and forth. We still can’t find Lysol. 

Try Amazon Fresh for Lysol, both the sprays and the wipes.  That's been my go to when they have been out everywhere else including normal Prime.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Jason said:

I looked at used cars to get for my daughter and the prices are laughable 

Laughable is still an understatement.  

According to my carfax, the car I bought almost 1 year ago, I can still trade into the dealer for $5k more than I bought it for from the dealer.  So that means, they are probably selling it for $7-10k more than what I bought it used.  

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, arch stanton said:

I don't know but I was looking for a new car and the selection on the lots is atrocious 

I still get mailers from dealers saying they will buy my used car for 110% of Kelley Blue Book.  So my guess is, it's not going to get any better anytime soon.  

Good news for me, bad news for the economy.

Stores have too much stuff. Get ready for discounts

Some welcome news for shoppers getting squeezed by inflation: promotions on televisions, furniture, clothing, sporting goods and other big-ticket purchases are ramping up.

Target (TGT), Walmart (WMT), Best Buy (BBY), Urban Outfitters (URBN) and other top retailers have said in recent weeks that they are sitting on too much inventory for some of their products. As a result, they plan to mark down prices and step up sales on those items to clear the glut.

It marks a major reversal from much of 2021, when discounts on big-ticket items were scarce for consumers.

Conditions have changed in recent months. Some stores are sitting on an excess inventory of goods they ordered from manufacturers months ago with the expectation that consumer spending would be red hot. But demand has softened as consumers feel the pressure from the highest annual jump in inflation since the 1980s.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/27/business/stores-clothing-television-furniture-discounts/index.html

Edited by Lhalo

17 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Good news for me, bad news for the economy.

Stores have too much stuff. Get ready for discounts

Some welcome news for shoppers getting squeezed by inflation: promotions on televisions, furniture, clothing, sporting goods and other big-ticket purchases are ramping up.

Target (TGT), Walmart (WMT), Best Buy (BBY), Urban Outfitters (URBN) and other top retailers have said in recent weeks that they are sitting on too much inventory for some of their products. As a result, they plan to mark down prices and step up sales on those items to clear the glut.

It marks a major reversal from much of 2021, when discounts on big-ticket items were scarce for consumers.

Conditions have changed in recent months. Some stores are sitting on an excess inventory of goods they ordered from manufacturers months ago with the expectation that consumer spending would be red hot. But demand has softened as consumers feel the pressure from the highest annual jump in inflation since the 1980s.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/27/business/stores-clothing-television-furniture-discounts/index.html

Imagine that.  Just in time for Prime Day on July 12 and 13.  

• 1 month later...

I went to the movies yesterday and they had a sign up that said “due to global supply issues we are out of butter”.  I lost my shit.  I only went for the buttered popcorn.

So I told the dude behind the counter “at least be honest and admit that Julio just fucked up on the purchase order.”  The guy just shrugged.