• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

6 hours ago, Taylor said:

I wonder if anyone will accuse the players of milking their time off like people accused teachers of elongating COVID protocols so they could continue teaching from home.

Only one of those is a highly valued profession. 

15 hours ago, Taylor said:

I wonder if anyone will accuse the players of milking their time off like people accused teachers of elongating COVID protocols so they could continue teaching from home.

Teachers have lost the right to expect the benefit of the doubt.  Bummer but that’s where they put themselves.

How times change.  Teachers went from selfless underpaid warrior heroes to selfish overpaid wimpy sponges.

And the teachers Union is still hellbent on fighting for more concessions and income for these entitled spoiled babies.

There are still some good teachers of course.

But the scales have tipped in the big picture.  On the whole, they are a problem much more than they are a a solution.

3 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Teachers have lost the right to expect the benefit of the doubt.  Bummer but that’s where they put themselves.

How times change.  Teachers went from selfless underpaid warrior heroes to selfish overpaid wimpy sponges.

And the teachers Union is still hellbent on fighting for more concessions and income for these entitled spoiled babies.

But the scales have tipped in the big picture.  On the whole, they are a problem much more than they are a a solution.

Do you have anyone close to you who works in education?

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You are an ass. 

Yeah we know.  You can’t criticize anything related to “hero” teachers.  Ever.

Well I think that’s unhealthy and almost ensures there that we end up with a problem.

I would say it reminds me of John McCain.  War hero.  It didn’t take him long to figure out that nobody was ever going to be able to criticize him or hold him accountable with that war hero status.  So he exploited that to end up an entrenched corrupt piece of shit that exploited his job for his own power and wealth.

Some people are capable of seeing that a war hero can be a great politician that serves the people and a war hero can also be a piece of crap that exploits the hero status.

I am fine saying teaching kids is and forever will be an honorable profession.  But if too many of them exploit the “hero” nature of the job to end up entirely unaccountable and selfish, then I am willing to say it.

Edited by Dtwncbad

12 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yup.

I'm sorry that they're apparently lazy and entitled.

The teachers I know all want to quit after COVID, because teaching from home was a nightmare experience, and they're burnt out. Imagine trying to control a classroom on Zoom, and then being told by Tucker Carlson you're lazy, entitled, and taking advantage of students to cash in an easy paycheck.

Teachers/educators is one of the most important professions in our society. Imagine if we treated them as such by paying them a better-than-decent wage.

29 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Teachers/educators is one of the most important professions in our society. Imagine if we treated them as such by paying them a better-than-decent wage.

Everyone agrees with this except the insatiable teachers Union that exploits the consensus behind this very statement.

You were curious if I was close to anyone in education.

Just curious but do you have kids in public school now?  Have you ever had to deal with any teachers or administrators?

I can tell you that 80% of the time I have had to deal with teachers or administrators they FIND A WAY to be entirely unaccountable for their actual jobs.  And why not?  They can be like that and nothing ever happens to them.

11 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'm sorry that they're apparently lazy and entitled.

The teachers I know all want to quit after COVID, because teaching from home was a nightmare experience, and they're burnt out. Imagine trying to control a classroom on Zoom, and then being told by Tucker Carlson you're lazy, entitled, and taking advantage of students to cash in an easy paycheck.

Not all teachers are lazy and entitled.  I am saying we now have way too many teachers that are lazy and entitled.  And what the union does will likely ensure that the number goes up instead of down.

It’s a problem.  

21 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Everyone agrees with this except the insatiable teachers Union that exploits the consensus behind this very statement.

You were curious if I was close to anyone in education.

Just curious but do you have kids in public school now?  Have you ever had to deal with any teachers or administrators?

I can tell you that 80% of the time I have had to deal with teachers or administrators they FIND A WAY to be entirely unaccountable for their actual jobs.  And why not?  They can be like that and nothing ever happens to them.

If you're having to deal with teachers and administrators that much, I'm curious what the circumstances are.

Don't have kids in public school yet. Time will tell.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

If you're having to deal with teachers and administrators that much, I'm curious what the circumstances are.

Don't have kids in public school yet. Time will tell.

Most people I know have to deal with teachers and administrators for various reasons when you start racking up school years.  My kids are in high school now.  So 23 total school years between the two of them so far.

4 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yeah we know.  You can’t criticize anything related to “hero” teachers.  Ever.

Well I think that’s unhealthy and almost ensures there that we end up with a problem.

I would say it reminds me of John McCain.  War hero.  It didn’t take him long to figure out that nobody was ever going to be able to criticize him or hold him accountable with that war hero status.  So he exploited that to end up an entrenched corrupt piece of shit that exploited his job for his own power and wealth.

Some people are capable of seeing that a war hero can be a great politician that serves the people and a war hero can also be a piece of crap that exploits the hero status.

I am fine saying teaching kids is and forever will be an honorable profession.  But if too many of them exploit the “hero” nature of the job to end up entirely unaccountable and selfish, then I am willing to say it.

This seems a bit of a generalization made in haste. 

15 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Dumbest post 2022 nomination.