• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

15 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I never said it was without fault.  I said it was reasonable and I still think it is.  Also, again, MANFRED was apparently the one who initially came up with this plan, not the players.  

And the players didn't accept it. They, in turn, haven't come up with an alternative. The owners have. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

And the players didn't accept it. They, in turn, haven't come up with an alternative. The owners have. 

What was so absurd about the players offer? The owners essentially said, "choose A, B or C" and the players said, "let's start with A but if we don't like it by the end of the year we'll go with B."

Now I understand why the owners might not go for it, but it seems like a reasonable counter offer when negotiating...

5 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Politicians threaten hearings and try to pass bills on this every now and then, yet nothing ever comes of it. Just last year, some Republican Senators tried to pass a bill to revoke the antitrust exemption after the All-Star game was moved out of GA.

Uh oh

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

I also think they know that international players are becoming better at the sport too. 

Yeah, and if there was an international draft, some would even go as early as the first round.

Edited by Dtwncbad