• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2021-22 CBA Negotiation/Lockout Thread (DEAL IS AGREED TO)

mmc

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I am far more sick of the statements to the public from both sides than I am bothered by any of the actual negotiating details.

Quit whining like little bitches.  How about STFU and get back to trying to resolve things?

So like starting what they are doing now in December? Instead of this shit show?

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

Both sides just need to shut the fuck up and stop trying to make fans think they actually care about them. None of what they are negotiating about directly helps baseball fans. 

You start to wonder if either side really wants a deal….The players want a “win” for what is perceived as a bad deal last time and the owners took 3 months to really offer much….if you’re determined to be a hammer, the whole world is a nail…

2 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

So like starting what they are doing now in December? Instead of this shit show?

You can keep living in the fantasy that a resolution could happen without actual time pressure with something at stake.  There is just zero real world evidence of it.

But go ahead and keep telling yourself that.

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

You start to wonder if either side really wants a deal….The players want a “win” for what is perceived as a bad deal last time and the owners took 3 months to really offer much….if you’re determined to be a hammer, the whole world is a nail…

Brad Lidge and Ryan Spilborghs think they've already won.

2 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Brad Lidge and Ryan Spilborghs think they've already won.

Which makes me wonder if they really want a deal, if the latest reports are true…if you’ve already won but can’t wrap it up, do you really want a deal or do you just want to keep fighting….

14 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

You can keep living in the fantasy that a resolution could happen without actual time pressure with something at stake.  There is just zero real world evidence of it.

I can provide you with a ton of evidence. The problem is you wouldn’t understand it. 

most renewal strategies in the insurance world take 11 months to facilitate and are completed in segments in order to not bog down the system…but again, I wouldn’t expect you to understand basic negotiation let alone high level agreements. 

18 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I can give you a real world example of waiting 43 days where it didn’t work. 

31 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

The 24 years of labor peace somewhat hints at it being possible to come to an agreement minus all the noise this offseason.

Personally, I think the lockout was ownership wanting to test the MLBPA's resolve, an attempt to find chinks in the armor, so to speak.  To be perfectly honest given the MLBPA's displeasure over how it went last time and the possibility some in the union may have questions regarding union leadership, it makes sense they would go about it like this, shitty but it happens.  But arguing this is the only way this could have gone is IMO an overstatement -- this is what they wanted.

By now both parties should know where the other stands and everyone's an asshole.

25 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I can provide you with a ton of evidence. The problem is you wouldn’t understand it. 

most renewal strategies in the insurance world take 11 months to facilitate and are completed in segments in order to not bog down the system…but again, I wouldn’t expect you to understand basic negotiation let alone high level agreements. 

Damn.  You mean they needed from day one was an insurance renewal guy to schedule and manage it?

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Because you wanted a deal done by today and no deal is done?

If you don’t think this negotiation has been a total shit show then I don’t know what to tell you.  They’ve had to cancel games not once but twice. The moment a game was cancelled it was proof that this was a fuck up. Not to mention what it’s doing to the casual fan and some of the die hard fans. What would it take for you to admit it was managed poorly?  What percent of lost games or lost attendance.  You keep acting like I’m some spoiled fan, it’s a very tired act on your part.  You’re the one guy in the room who thinks, “well this is how it goes”.