• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Savannah Bananas. Gotta respect some Indy ball here

Don

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I was just in Savannah, GA yesterday. Ate at Paula Dean's Lady & Sons OG restaurant. So good! 

In Hilton Head today, Myrtle Beach later and all day tomorrow before heading home out of Charleston on Saturday.

I'm moving out this way in a year or so to either Greenville, SC or somewhere in TN. 

The Outer Banks is awesome.  In regard to beaches and fishing, the east coast is so much better than the west coast.  Only thing is the humidity.  Make sure you have a huge walk-in closet because you'll be changing shirts several times a day.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm moving out this way in a year or so to either Greenville, SC or somewhere in TN. 

there's an Adventist Church in Greenville, and I've sung there. Good congregation.

Why would you leave your beautiful riverfront home in WA?

1 hour ago, Lou said:

They're starting now. 

Its worth saying twice.  Next time don’t let the good ones get away.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

there's an Adventist Church in Greenville, and I've sung there. Good congregation.

He’s nesting, dude.  Give him space.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Southern girls.

I prefer a British accent but a nice slow southern drawl gets my attention quickly.

3 hours ago, Junkballer said:

How'd they respond to your 2 Live Crew covers?

1 hour ago, Tank said:

not as favorably as we would have liked.

not as many of their songs as one would think can be converted to a gospel message.

I think he meant Group 1 Crew...

5 hours ago, Tank said:

My youngest just graduated HS and she is moving out to TN at the beginning of next year. 

I won't sell the riverfront house since I can rent it out for a good amount of money on a monthly basis. 

The wife and I are thinking of selling the Florida and Ocean Shores, WA houses and use that money to buy a house with land and hopefully on a lake somewhere in the house. 

We loved South Carolina, North Carolina and parts of Tennessee so far. 

Checking in from Myrtle Beach, SC right now. Beautiful. 

7 hours ago, Junkballer said:

The Outer Banks is awesome.  In regard to beaches and fishing, the east coast is so much better than the west coast.  Only thing is the humidity.  Make sure you have a huge walk-in closet because you'll be changing shirts several times a day.

Loved the Outer Banks. We took a canoe out in the swamp in Cypress Gardens today and saw all kinds gators. Found out they filmed the movies The Patriot and The Notebook there. 

Weirdly enough, with a bunch of trips to Texas and Florida over the past few years, I've gotten used to the humidity. 

I'll take that over the hot dry heat any day. 

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

My youngest just graduated HS and she is moving out to TN at the beginning of next year. 

I won't sell the riverfront house since I can rent it out for a good amount of money on a monthly basis. 

The wife and I are thinking of selling the Florida and Ocean Shores, WA houses and use that money to buy a house with land and hopefully on a lake somewhere in the house. 

We loved South Carolina, North Carolina and parts of Tennessee so far. 

Checking in from Myrtle Beach, SC right now. Beautiful. 

Damn, we could be neighbors in a few years. We are looking at Virginia and North Carolina. Just far from the coast, humidity is one thing, hurricanes another.

7 hours ago, Lou said:

You've lost your mind.

with all due respect

I've been jaded from all the trips down to see my son and grandson in Laughlin, NV, and cousins in Las Vegas.

This last trip in July it was 128 degrees. Disgusting. I wouldn't normally go in July but that's my grandson's birthday. 

It's really only humid from mid to late May to September. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I've been jaded from all the trips down to see my son and grandson in Laughlin, NV, and cousins in Las Vegas.

This last trip in July it was 128 degrees. Disgusting. I wouldn't normally go in July but that's my grandson's birthday. 

It's really only humid from mid to late May to September. 

Come on. Talk about extremes. 

Btw, the highest recorded temperature in Laughlin is 125⁰ in 1994.  Las Vegas is 117⁰.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Come on. Talk about extremes. 

Btw, the highest recorded temperature in Laughlin is 125⁰ in 1994.  Las Vegas is 117⁰.

The locals and my phone said it was 128 when we were there and it was then 123 when we were later in Vegas that same week. 

Either way, it was hotter than hell. Unfortunately we were there for a week. It was a full on overcooked Chuck roast when we left the area. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

The locals and my phone said it was 128 when we were there and it was then 123 when we were later in Vegas that same week. 

Either way, it was hotter than hell. Unfortunately we were there for a week. It was a full on overcooked Chuck roast when we left the area. 

Surely someone got fed some prime rib, or something.

• 8 months later...