• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dead Celebrities That Don't Warrant Their Own Thread

St1ck

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Dex Carvey, son of comedian Dana Carvey, dies at 32 of accidental overdose

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dex-carvey-son-comedian-dana-012407525.html

“Last night we suffered a terrible tragedy. Our beloved son, Dex, died of an accidental drug overdose. He was 32 years old,” Dana Carvey wrote in a joint statement with wife Paula Zwagerman on Thursday. “Dex packed a lot into those 32 years. He was extremely talented at so many things — music, art, film making, comedy — and pursued all of them passionately.”

Edited by Jay

10 hours ago, Jay said:

Dex Carvey, son of comedian Dana Carvey, dies at 32 of accidental overdose

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/dex-carvey-son-comedian-dana-012407525.html

“Last night we suffered a terrible tragedy. Our beloved son, Dex, died of an accidental drug overdose. He was 32 years old,” Dana Carvey wrote in a joint statement with wife Paula Zwagerman on Thursday. “Dex packed a lot into those 32 years. He was extremely talented at so many things — music, art, film making, comedy — and pursued all of them passionately.”

This is incredibly sad yet avoidable. I do feel bad for people that have addiction problems. 

British actor Joss Ackland, who notably appeared in "Lethal Weapon 2" and "The Hunt for Red October," died Sunday morning, his longtime agent confirmed to The Times. He was 95.

"He died of old age this morning with his family around," Ackland's talent agent, Paul Pearson, told The Times on Sunday. "He was lucid, erudite and mischievous to the end."

Joss Ackland, 'Lethal Weapon 2' and 'Hunt for Red October' actor, dead at 95 (msn.com)

diplomatic-immunity-diplomat.gif

11 hours ago, Blarg said:

British actor Joss Ackland, who notably appeared in "Lethal Weapon 2" and "The Hunt for Red October," died Sunday morning, his longtime agent confirmed to The Times. He was 95.

"He died of old age this morning with his family around," Ackland's talent agent, Paul Pearson, told The Times on Sunday. "He was lucid, erudite and mischievous to the end."

Joss Ackland, 'Lethal Weapon 2' and 'Hunt for Red October' actor, dead at 95 (msn.com)

diplomatic-immunity-diplomat.gif

895e460b-9e2b-4cdf-9fd7-8ac50020b54c_tex

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, St1ck said:

https://apnews.com/article/tom-smothers-dies-smothers-brothers-3e1727faf1b6469da7b2cfc7b2874c56

Comedian Tom Smothers, one-half of the Smothers Brothers, dies at 86

Really deserves his own thread.....

I remember first hearing the Smother Brothers when my dad, who was working at AFRTS, brought home their album.  It had them singing standard folk music along with their Mom always liked you best routine.  I became and instant fan.  So clever.  Tom, why'd you yell fire when you fell into the vat of Chocolate?

I saw them a few years ago when they were playing the Orleans in Las Vegas.  Tom did his Yo-Yo tricks along with lots of other nostalgic bits.

Tommy played guitar with John Lennon during the famous Bed-In / Give Peace a Chance event.

Thanks for all the laughs Tom.  I think Mom really did like you best.

RIP

Edited by Slegnaac

i loved watching the smothers brothers weekly tv show when i was a kid. didn't understand everything, but always loved the 'mom loved you more routine.' they were always hilarious (and steve martin was one of their writers). 

they were also good musicians, which often got overlooked by their terrific humor. 

23 hours ago, Tank said:

i loved watching the smothers brothers weekly tv show when i was a kid. didn't understand everything, but always loved the 'mom loved you more routine.' they were always hilarious (and steve martin was one of their writers). 

they were also good musicians, which often got overlooked by their terrific humor. 

Speaking of musicians they also had great bands on,like Cream,The Doors and The Who and many others.The episode with The Who is crazy,Keith Moon blows up his drumkit,with probably too many explosives.