• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Jack Morris apologizes for racially insensitive comment about Shohei Ohtani

Also....

We got countries like Afghanistan where women rights (or the minimal that they had) are about to take a complete 180 turn
and other countries where it's illegal to show skin and be be gay....
-Women can't get healthcare without permission from guardian (Yemen)
-Female genital mutilation (Egypt)
-Can't marry, travel or access high education without a male permission (Saudi Arabia)

And yet here are us Americans bitching and complaining about a sentence someone said (who immediately apologized).

Spoiled brats hahaha 

26 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Every language has words for, “Hey come to think of it, sorry about that.  I just want to be clear that I did not intend for my words to be offensive.  I was being clumsy in my effort to be funny.  Again, sorry.”

And every language also has words for, “Thanks for clarifying, and don’t worry about.  I appreciate the apology and we are good.”

Do we have space anymore in our society for that mature exchange anymore?

Or do people have to lose their jobs when they drift into being clumsy in their effort to be funny?

If it has an effect (or might have) on someone's money, yes, they'll probably lose their job.

Easier to replace one person who's made a mistake than worry about any risk of it drawing negative publicity and hurting their bottom line.

You can blame cancel culture and political correctness for threatening to hurt 'money', or you can blame billionaire owners and capitalism for worrying about their 'money', but it really isn't the fault of either. The common denominator between the two is just that, money. Blame money.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

I'm very happy to see that your "return" button is working perfectly. 

Flippantly using the term “return” in such a mocking way is very offensive to people trying to repatriate to their original home countries.  Shame on you.

Further mentioning what is “working” versus not working is clearly dismissive to the unemployed.  Again shame on you.

10 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I can’t answer your question and I am not interested in the answers, mostly because I am not interested in finding ways to be offended.

I don’t know how long it took for him to apologize.

Once Morris apologized, it should be over.  That is, unless you honestly believe in your heart that he thinks less of Asians and gets off making fun of them.

I would need a mountain of additional evidence to think that, and I am not going looking for it.

Apology accepted.  Move on.

Because we live in a world where an apology erases accountability?  Sorry, Morris is old enough to know better. I think having him endure bias training or whatever it’s called is enough accountability. He shouldn’t lose his job assuming his apology is sincere and efforts are genuine.

This is a non issue if Morris addresses his mistake immediately after it happens.  He evidently didn’t do that. 

6 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Because we live in a world where an apology erases accountability?  Sorry, Morris is old enough to know better. I think having him endure bias training or whatever it’s called is enough accountability. He shouldn’t lose his job assuming his apology is sincere and efforts are genuine.

This is a non issue if Morris addresses his mistake immediately after it happens.  He evidently didn’t do that. 

Bias training?

Sorry you lost me.  He doesn’t need bias training.  He needs someone to tell him  (and they clearly did) he should not be so clumsy with his comedy efforts.

If they HONESTLY believe he has an actual bias against Asians (therefore needing bias training), then they should just fire him for their conclusion that they have employed somebody who is literally biased against Asians.

I don’t believe for a second they actually think he is biased.

So the knee jerk garbage of sending him to bias training to merely to satisfy the people addicted to being offended is absurd.

Send him to comedy training so he is better at not being clumsy or maybe just so much more effectively actually funny that everybody gets it’s was a joke.

Edited by Dtwncbad

2 minutes ago, cals said:

2/10

It was meant to be stupid to make a point.  But more importantly your rating is dehumanizing and I get to be offended by that, so you are required to complete some kind of dehumanize training.

Its the only way. 

Edited by Dtwncbad

4 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

Morris is a piece of crap. He should be fired as he is a grown up and knows what he is saying. I don’t care if he apologizes as he already said it and should be accountable for his actions. I really hope he gets fired.

Wow.  Sounds like you have some really juicy insider info on Morris because certainly it would outrageous to conclude someone is “a piece of crap” from one clumsy statement (one he apologized for).

Please share all your info so we can join you in your super productive hate of a dude being clumsy talking about a baseball player.

I find it funny that so funny that so many on here that are calling for Morris's head on a platter frequently post comments about "trout making" them "hard".  Post meme wherever penis becomes erected, comment about women in a sexually suggestive manner or post sexually suggestive women photos on here.

And they think that is perfectly fine.

Edited by stormngt

1 hour ago, eligrba said:

Very good point. An apology isn't always good enough. Only he knows how sincere it is. It's up to his bosses to assess it.  

17 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I find it funny that so funny that so many on here that are calling for Morris's head on a platter frequently post comments about "trout making" them "hard".  Post meme wherever peons becomes erected, comment about women in a sexually suggestive manner or post sexually suggestive women photos on here.

And they think that is perfectly fine.

I haven't read a lot of posts here wanting him fired.

3 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Apparently, Jack has a history of saying dumb things and this is just one more example.

Hmmm…

I recall at least one incident from his playing days in which he was pretty vulgar toward a female reporter. 

Although I can’t say I recall others, this one was bad enough that it would not surprise me to find out it was a pattern. 

6 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I recall at least one incident from his playing days in which he was pretty vulgar toward a female reporter. 

Although I can’t say I recall others, this one was bad enough that it would not surprise me to find out it was a pattern. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/tigers-analyst-jack-morris-suspended-ohtani-remarks-79525240

"The incident comes 31 years after Morris, during his playing days, told a young female reporter that he “only talks to women when I'm naked if they are on top of me or I'm on top of them.” Morris, who was not naked at the time, was defended by then-team president Bo Schembechler, who blamed the Detroit Free Press for sending a female reporter into the clubhouse."

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/tigers-analyst-jack-morris-suspended-ohtani-remarks-79525240

"The incident comes 31 years after Morris, during his playing days, told a young female reporter that he “only talks to women when I'm naked if they are on top of me or I'm on top of them.” Morris, who was not naked at the time, was defended by then-team president Bo Schembechler, who blamed the Detroit Free Press for sending a female reporter into the clubhouse."

It's things like that that haunt you.

One thing I notice is the disappearance of the word “racial” with “racist” taking its place all the times now.

A racial comment (or a comment related to race) is not always a racist comment.  The two words are not the same.

Yet here we are where every comment related to race is automatically called racist.

It’s a problem.  We should all be able to evolved enough to clearly see the difference and increasingly nobody does.

I don’t think there is any evidence (as far as what I know or have read so far) that his comment was “racist” but plenty of people default to that word since there is a racial element to it.

43 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I read an article describing Morris commenting on latin American players. I guess he preferred them 20 to 30 years ago when they were less demonstrable. 

I just can't stop thinking Archie Bunker is in the booth.