• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Jack Morris apologizes for racially insensitive comment about Shohei Ohtani

I mean on the scale of things that one shouldn’t say this is pretty tame.  He mostly just made himself seem like a dumb ass. Anyway he apologized he’ll get his time out and that should be the end of it if he’s smart enough to not do this stuff while broadcasting any more.  Probably would be wise to be a little more thoughtful about what he’s saying while on air. 

2 hours ago, eligrba said:

Since he was not suspended and offered an apology,  is it your opinion that Morris should have the same outcome? Just asking...not a gotcha 

Morris apologized on the spot and it wasn't a prepared speech. He seemed sincere and contrite. In a reasonable society the offender and offended party should meet and come to an agreement.  We are no longer a reasonable society but a very litigious one. I feel this was mishandled by Bally Sports. I'm sure their HR lawyer disagrees. 

13 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Morris apologized on the spot and it wasn't a prepared speech. He seemed sincere and contrite. In a reasonable society the offender and offended party should meet and come to an agreement.  We are no longer a reasonable society but a very litigious one. I feel this was mishandled by Bally Sports. I'm sure their HR lawyer disagrees. 

Yeah, it wasn't like Morris waited a few days till the blowback became so great that he apologized.  After he said it, he was probably told by the producer or someone that what he said wasn't right, and he immediately came out and manned up.  

Heck, the clowns in Chicago probably say much worse on a daily basis.  

The funny thing is, had his broadcast team not told him "hey, you need to appologize", and he did, nobody likely would have picked up on this.

@Dtwncbad said earlier in this thread "im sure plenty of people were offended". My first thought. It was angels vs tigers on a tuesday night..... maybe 8 people heard it. Like the tigerswin diehards, and they were probably arguing in their off topic thread.

9 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm glad Shohei is far more mature than many Americans and the unhinged virtue-signaler, Keith Olbermann.

Olbermann was actually smart and entertaining until he became so permanently infatuated with his own intelligence.  He became mentally hard wired to believe that he was so much smarter than everyone else in the world that there was longer any reason for humility and certainly others opinions CANNOT have any value because nobody is his intellectual equal.

He became an intolerable blowhard.  I’m sure he talks to himself every waking moment in fake conversations where he plays the role of the smart guy verbally defeating a dumb person.

I can’t see him even being capable of being happy or having real honest relationships now.

He is a pretty good example of how a very, very smart person can be wired in a way where their highly capable brain becomes their nemesis.  It cost him everything.

His vanity drove him to being completely irrelevant and forgotten.  I literally forgot about Olbermann until I saw his name here.

Imagine how his brain, if it ever had a moment of honest perspective, would process the fact that he made himself as irrelevant as the dumbest person in the world.

Devastating, likely irreversible defeat, with nobody to blame but himself.

Sad, but probably just.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Olbermann was actually smart and entertaining until he became so permanently infatuated with his own intelligence.  He became mentally hard wired to believe that he was so much smarter than everyone else in the world that there was longer any reason for humility and certainly others opinions CANNOT have any value because nobody is his intellectual equal.

He became an intolerable blowhard.  I’m sure he talks to himself every waking moment in fake conversations where he plays the role of the smart guy verbally defeating a dumb person.

I can’t see him even being capable of being happy or having real honest relationships now.

He is a pretty good example of how a very, very smart person can be wired in a way where their highly capable brain becomes their nemesis.  It cost him everything.

His vanity drove him to being completely irrelevant and forgotten.  I literally forgot about Olbermann until I saw his name here.

Imagine how his brain, if it ever had a moment of honest perspective, would process the fact that he made himself as irrelevant as the dumbest person in the world.

Devastating, likely irreversible defeat, with nobody to blame but himself.

Sad, but probably just.

I remember liking him, I don't know, ten years ago? I'm not sure when he started bugging me, but it might have been when a lot of liberals went off the rails - his mind was broken by Trump. Whenever I see his name come out now, it is with some crazy take or virtue signal that involves him smearing someone while declaring how woke he is.

28 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I remember liking him, I don't know, ten years ago? I'm not sure when he started bugging me, but it might have been when a lot of liberals went off the rails - his mind was broken by Trump. Whenever I see his name come out now, it is with some crazy take or virtue signal that involves him smearing someone while declaring how woke he is.

He is a full blown jackass pompous prick now.  I bet he quit going to social functions because everybody with half a brain would avoid him and roll their eyes at him.

Of course he probably then drives home alone talking to himself that all those people only have half a brain.

Honestly, I really think this guy is in trapped in mental hell.

35 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Olbermann ripped the Angels apart during the Hamilton "debacle". 

Hamilton was a poor drug addicted victim. 

He looks so fucking stupid now. Well he already did but you know.

21 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Olbermann ripped the Angels apart during the Hamilton "debacle". 

Hamilton was a poor drug addicted victim. 

He looks so fucking stupid now. Well he already did but you know.

My brother is a pretty funny dude.  He was an insane punk rocker in high school who got in probably hundreds of fist fights.  The one thing he said about that was once you got your ass kicked a few times you kind of stop being afraid of getting your ass kicked.

Afyer that, the new decision on fighting is if you just think the other guy deserves to get punched in the mouth a few times regardless of what punches you take in return.

My brother is all grown up now.  He is 50 years old.  Way past normal fist fighting age.  But the no fear of consequences attitude remains.

He has a mental list of about a dozen people that if he ever saw them in person he would punch them in the mouth with no hesitation regardless of the consequences.

Olbermann is firmly on his list.

As a Japanese guy, I wasn't really offended by it, and most of the Japanese fans aren't either.
But if he thinks mocking Asian accents is funny, he shouldn't be on that platform.
It's one thing for random posters saying dumb stuff, and another for people representing a franchise to say it.

I'm OK with him getting another chance, but he needs to grow up and learn not be so childish and immature.

If you're gonna mock us, at least make us laugh. Pronouncing an R with an L and thinking it's funny, is just showing low intellect.