• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Tigers (8/17/21): Bundy on the mound, Iglesias at cleanup

12 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

GO ANGELS!!!

Go Dylan Bundy!! Beat Detroit!!!

Angels (59-61) vs. Tigers (58-62)! A battle of equal mediocrities!!!

Yeah, for all the shit people talk about the Tigers, they're pretty much the same as the Angels on an overall level.  Similar records, have scored 11 fewer runs, but allowed 12 fewer, too, so the overall run differential is similar.  No real stars, but they've gotten decent production from a number of mildly surprising places.

1 minute ago, fan_since79 said:

What length of leash do you put on Bundy?

Four runs?

Good question.  I'm still not even entirely sure why he's in the rotation (I don't think they really needed him, even with all the games they have in a 30 day span or whatever).  I can't imagine they're seriously considering re-signing him for next year, so doesn't seem like you need to "evaluate" him.  They can't honestly think they're still serious contenders for the playoffs--and even if they DO believe that, I don't think Bundy is your best option to throw out there if you're hoping to stay in contention.

So maybe he's just filling space, for lack of a better term?  If that's the case, let him get pounded around if that happens. 

Just now, Vlad27Trout27 said:

so is Upton not part of the plans for 2022? what's the point of not having him be a regular? Atleast you can assess and see if he can stay above average as a full time stater.

He’s being punished for hitting a home run last night