• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

World Series rings

Torridd

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

It's up to the owners of the teams I believe.

Yes. Teams give WS rings to whoever they want because the team buys them. They usually have different versions too for the players and other team employees. 

Playoff shares are a different thing. There is a fixed amount of money that MLB gives to the winning team, so that is split up a little more selectively. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Yes. Teams give WS rings to whoever they want because the team buys them. They usually have different versions too for the players and other team employees. 

Playoff shares are a different thing. There is a fixed amount of money that MLB gives to the winning team, so that is split up a little more selectively. 

General response not directed TO JF. . .

You can find all kinds of World Series rings for sale out there.  The problem is exactly that.  There are so many different versions.

The player rings are the most coveted.  But there are other versions that could have been issued to executives or just people on the team staff/team employees, etc.

You can also find prototype “salesman” versions that exist because a ring company was trying to land the contract and they had sample examples made to show.

Sometimes you can find a player version ring for sale where they will not openly disclose what player owned the ring. You have to either buy it to find out or demonstrate that you are a very serious buyer and they will tell you privately.

I think this is because many times a player parts with their ring for money when they need money so it isn’t really a proud moment for a player to be selling their ring.

Anyway it is a fun thing to look for and check out from time to time.

I got close to buying one once, but I couldn’t quite pull the trigger.

5 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Thank you!

Funny story about World Series rings. Roughly 20ish years ago I was maybe 7 or so. At the time we had our season tickets to the SL Bees and our seats were right behind home plate and players/scouts would sit right around us so we'd always chat with them. One night a scout for the Yankees is sitting a few seats away next to us and the first thing you noticed was he had 2 WS rings on one hand. Absolute massive blue gem/diamond NYY rings and with me being little I kept staring at them because you know big shiny rings and he noticed so he called me over to show them to me. What's the first thing he does? Takes one off and hands it to me to check it out! Safe to say that freaked my dad out a bit with me being little and this guy just willing to let a kid hold a ring worth easily $20k+ lol