• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Upton rehabbing in Salt Lake starting tonight, Trout "close," but still not ready for rehab

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

Then you should be really worried about Trout.

Him too

That alleged curse with the land by the Santa Ana River seems to maybe have some legs.

What other orgs have gone through this much since the beginning of the 2010s?

Edited by Angel Oracle

9 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Yes

Yes to all three for the last say? What if the medical staff, the player and testing don't have the same recommendation. Ultimately isn't it the player who makes the call based on how he feels after factoring in all of the other information and getting medical clearance.

6 hours ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Yes to all three? They all have to say yes to a return? That system doesn't seem likely to me. Doctors, Trout and testing may not have the same recommendation. So I think it is ultimately Trout's decision not the doctors or any field tests. He is the athlete so it should be his call based on how he feels while factoring in all of the other information.

Trout has to say he is ready but ultimately it is the doctors approval to continue activities that opens that door. 

Sometimes I don’t fully understand some of these rehab assignments.

If Mike Trout is actually healthy enough to play in a competitive professional baseball game, why not just put him in the major league game?

I assume (?) much of it is that they may not have 100% of their normal timing in their first or second game back.

But I would rather have Trout in the lineup with MAYBE his timing off a little than give another 4 plate appearances to a definitively inferior, less offensively dangerous player.

2 hours ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Right, that was my point. Maybe it wasn't clear so I edited my post. The player could be cleared medically but doesn't feel he is ready.

The reality is all three work in concert I guess.

The three have to work together in concert.  You don’t rush these things.  It is important to police the process if you want a nirvana result.

15 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Sometimes I don’t fully understand some of these rehab assignments.

If Mike Trout is actually healthy enough to play in a competitive professional baseball game, why not just put him in the major league game?

I assume (?) much of it is that they may not have 100% of their normal timing in their first or second game back.

But I would rather have Trout in the lineup with MAYBE his timing off a little than give another 4 plate appearances to a definitively inferior, less offensively dangerous player.

Mike Trout is a pretty extreme example. I think in 99 percent of cases a guy who hasn’t seen a competitive pitch in 2 months is actually worse than his replacement. 

Also there is a little bit of physical buildup required to acclimate to playing a 9-inning game.