• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Orioles @ Angels (7/4/21): Going for the sweep! Sandoval on the mound

4 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

did not watch the games, how did Wantz look? how was the Velo?

ooh Rendon just got hot and also hurt.

Wantz allowed a weak single to Mullens to allow the tying run to score (Slegers' doing). His fastball touched 95 and he even threw a cutter and 2-seamer in the low 90's along with a slider that hit 89. Huge fan of the passion he shows on the mound as you can see in the video below.

https://mlb-cuts-diamond.mlb.com/FORGE/2021/2021-07/04/6ad7c144-6d5252fd-014334ff-csvm-diamondx64-asset_1280x720_59_4000K.mp4

Edited by rafibomb

1 minute ago, Jason said:

This is entirely possible but I just don't have the confidence in the pitching to accomplish that kind of task. 

Agreed. My biggest fear is that they hover around this level for a couple more weeks, then trade controllable pieces for a rental, then either miss the playoffs or get knocked out in the play-in round.

6 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Wantz allowed a weak single to Mullens to allow the tying run to score (Slegers' doing). His fastball touched 95 and he even threw a cutter and 2-seamer in the low 90's along with a slider that hit 89. Huge fan of the passion he shows on the mound as you can see in the video below.

https://mlb-cuts-diamond.mlb.com/FORGE/2021/2021-07/04/6ad7c144-6d5252fd-014334ff-csvm-diamondx64-asset_1280x720_59_4000K.mp4

The starting pitching has been turning it around. It would be great if Wantz turns into an actual reliable arm out of the pen.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

The Halos still are not a playoff team. They just look good this weekend because Baltimore is atrocious. We've seen the Halos fold really easily with serious contenders. 

with Ohtani, Cobb, Sandoval, and Suarez we have 2/3 of a Good, not Great rotation. I think the 2nd half pitching will be better and if Trout, Upton, and Rendon can stay healthy we've got a shot. I wonder if we can trade pitcher

8 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

with Ohtani, Cobb, Sandoval, and Suarez we have 2/3 of a Good, not Great rotation. I think the 2nd half pitching will be better and if Trout, Upton, and Rendon can stay healthy we've got a shot. I wonder if we can trade pitcher

They have to stay relatively healthy which has been a huge problem this year. I do think, with most of the offense returning, this team will win the division next season.

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

I’m just an airplane guy.  Flight dork, if you will.  I Just appreciate it

Here's 2 great series that go over the history of Aviation ,, if you have a fire stick or something similar search ''Amazing world of Aviation'' it's a 13 part series .... and ''First Flights'' hosted by Buzz Aldrin ... both are great

33 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Rendon‘s health isn’t inspiring me though.   Fourth time going on the IL this season incoming?

2 hours ago, Jason said:

The Halos still are not a playoff team. They just look good this weekend because Baltimore is atrocious. We've seen the Halos fold really easily with serious contenders. 

The only way we could have a chance for a WC is if the dump underachieving starters  their starters, go with the young pitchers (Sandoval, Suarez, and Barria) and they all pitch well.  

Edited by stormngt

53 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Agreed

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

The only way the ckukd have a chance for a WC is if the dump underachieving starters  their starters, go with the young pitchers (Sandoval, Suarez, and Barria) and they all pitch well.  

help me out, bro. i have no idea who this is.

2 hours ago, Sam Hyde said:

this is even better the more i think about it ,, if you switch it to aaron slegers at the bottom and angels starter leaving the game with a multiple-run lead on the undertaker it works as well , Sandoval reactions is prime example  lol

Wantz does have some AJ Styles in him (swagger).