• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict who is gone by the trade deadline

mmc

Predict who is gone by the trade deadline  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Predict who is gone by the trade deadline

• Jose Iglesias
    • Raisel Iglesias
    • Alex Cobb
    • Jose Quintana
    • Dylan Bundy
    • Andrew Heaney
    • Kurt Suzuki
    • Tony Watson
    • Steve Cishek
    • Mike Mayers
    • Justin Upton
    • Taylor Ward
    • Other (please say who in the replies)

I'd imagine Upton, Mayers, and Ward stay put, but i can easily see any of the other guys on the list being flipped. Ideally all the guys on 1 year deals will be flipped for literally anything so we can see how the young guys do

46 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

After their last performance together that needs to end. Now.

I don’t think Ohtani’s inability to find the plate or the umpire’s tight zone had anything to do with Suzuki as a catcher.

Shohei had no command maybe due to the heat and humidity and was overthrowing.

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Adell. 

This might be the case.

Man, it is really cutting it close. Minasian has to be going back and forth, series by series, if not game by game. 8 more games until the ASB, so maybe we'll know more by then. The four game series vs Boston will be telling. But if they can sweep the Orioles, go 2-2 vs. Boston, and 2-1 vs the Mariners, they're at 46-44 at the break. Maybe not quite enough to go all-in on buying, but not bad enough to sell. Yet.

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

This might be the case.

Man, it is really cutting it close. Minasian has to be going back and forth, series by series, if not game by game. 8 more games until the ASB, so maybe we'll know more by then. The four game series vs Boston will be telling. But if they can sweep the Orioles, go 2-2 vs. Boston, and 2-1 vs the Mariners, they're at 46-44 at the break. Maybe not quite enough to go all-in on buying, but not bad enough to sell. Yet.

I kinda like the idea of packaging Adell and Canning for a controllable pitcher. 

14 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

How about Ward, Canning, and D'Shawn Knowles for Michael Fulmer.

Or Adell and Canning for German Marquez.

I’m not sure I’d give up Canning straight up for Fulmer because Fulmer is a free agent after next season. 

we effectively have 21 games before the deadline which is on the 30th this year although perhaps 22 if you count the game on the day of the deadline but that likely won't be settled by 12 EST that day.  So in the six games vs. the Ms and 3 vs. the A's, I'd like to see us go at least 6-3 for those and then maybe 8-4 in the 12 other games if we're gonna have a remote chance and actually be buyers or stand pat.  14-7 is a bit of a tall task with the obvious holes on this team but that'll put us 6 games over .500 and within about 3.5 games of the second WC.  

Let's be realistic.  It's very unlikely we catch Houston for the division or TBR for the top WC spot.  Personally, I think Toronto will be the toughest one to pass for that second WC.  The A's we can catch if we can actually beat them.  We have to have a winning record vs. them the rest of the year.  

But back to TOR and my actual point.  I see them as our biggest competition for the second WC for the rest of the year.  Their rotation is very solid if not good with the addition of Manoah and they just got Springer back so that offense got even better.  Their pen is what will hold them back.  It's actually very similar to our although they've been able to ham and egg better but there's some smoke and mirrors there and I'm sure their FO knows it for a stretch run.  

So they could be a huge target as far as a trade partner.  Iglesias could make them a lot stronger.  Do you sell to a team that you're looking up at?  Can we get Woods-Richardson (20 yo doing well in AA with four pitch mix.  prob mid rotation potential but ranked in the top 100) and/or Gabriel Moreno (C doing very well in AA.  solid unspectacular defense per reports.) and/or someone like Merryweather (29 but a 70 grade fastball and good change) who could help in the pen right now (as soon as he comes off the DL for an oblique).  Too bad Manoah made such a quick jump.  I'd have done Iglesias for him in a heartbeat but there's no way they're giving him up now.  (He went 4 spots above Will Wilson in 2019 btw.)  They've got some other depth arms who are interesting as well.   

It's be tough to pass up getting a future MOTR starter or a solid C prospect along with a good relief arm that can help next year for half a year of Iglesias unless we really make a heck of a run over the next month.