• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are the Angels a "bad" team?

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

"Meh" means mediocre, basically. I'd say if you take out all the good players, the rest suck - so the total result is "meh" (meaning, with the good players included).

But to the original post, no, it isn't a "bad" team. It is an OK team, thus the OK record (near .500). I mean, while there's a story behind every team, in the end a team is only as good as its record. 

There aren't just good and bad teams, there is a spectrum. The Rangers are a bad team, so are the Orioles and Pirates and Diamondbacks. The Angels are better than those teams. So, roughly speaking:

Terrible: <65 wins

Bad: 65-74 wins

OK: 75-84 wins

Good: 85-94 wins

Great: 95+ wins

Or something like that. I think the Angels--with the team they have right now--are closer to being Good than Bad.

This, with a healthy Trout

Great line-up offensively, some good pitching but some big holes in the pitching staff too, and the part I can't quite understand, good defensive players playing bad defence. We beat bad teams, but the good teams eventually find the holes in the defence and the pitching and end up taking series after series. That makes us average, but tantalisingly close to being good. (Yes, I know we've been saying that for years now.)

As for the Yankees, last night's line-up was the worst of theirs I can remember, they've got way bigger problems than the Angels.

Just now, Stradling said:

In this day and age where if you aren’t great you suck then I guess the Angels suck.  In all honesty they are about average. 

No, they really are not playing average baseball. You'd have to have blinders on to think what you see out there is league average. 

They are tied for fifth in runs scored, yay.

They are third in most in runs allowed.

That is truly crap. 

So, no, they are not average. 

58 minutes ago, Blarg said:

No, they really are not playing average baseball. You'd have to have blinders on to think what you see out there is league average. 

They are tied for fifth in runs scored, yay.

They are third in most in runs allowed.

That is truly crap. 

So, no, they are not average. 

39-41

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Ultimately, it's how teams are measured.

Yes but if you tell yourself that their win/loss record doesn’t define them then you feel better about the team when the players are making tee times in October.