• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer 2.0!

If I am on the same side of an issue as Plaschke, I need to re-think my position.

He has the worst opinions on pro and college sports.  He is frigging great at the human interests stories.  Honestly, this one about the Compton High girls softball team is fantastic.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2004-may-07-sp-plaschke7-story.html

Otherwise, Plaschke sucks.

14 minutes ago, Lou said:

"It would be a message that the organization has zero tolerance for domestic violence, a message that the team is representing Los Angeles with a culture of decency and respect, a message that prioritizes integrity over statistics and morality over money."

Bill must have forgotten about Jose Urias.

Yeah, I thought it was an odd position for him to take, given Urias.

26 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

At the risk of being insensitive, I would really like to see this all play out legally before he gets released.  I would be totally fine with the league suspending him because he put himself in this situation and it is a black eye for the league.  But if she is a crazy person and she is lying, then it could possibly a money grab.  I’d rather before anyone gets their livelihood taken away, there is at least a day in court.  

There were quotes early on about Bauer admitting to punching her while she was unconscious, were those ever verified?  Did they come from a reliable source?  I’m not saying they aren’t reliable, I truly don’t know.  It is just a tough time in “journalism” to believe everything that is put to print.  If they were verified, then yea, he could and probably should be released.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I ask this because I didn’t see it, was this in an interview?  Or is this a quote in article or in transcripts from the investigation?  

Police set up a call with the accuser and Bauer to try and get him to admit he sexually assaulted her. He admitted to her that he punched her butt while she was out. 

@Stradling

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2021-06-30/mlb-trevor-bauer-dodgers-possible-discipline-assault-allegation?_amp=true

"Three days later, she wrote, Pasadena police directed her to call Bauer and ask what he did when she was unconscious.

Bauer said he had punched her buttocks and said: “I was trying to follow your lead.”

She wrote: “At the end of the phone call, at the police’s instructions, I said, ‘Thank you for acknowledging what you did to me.’ Trevor acknowledged it and asked how we could move forward and asked if he could still reach out. I told him that he could because I did not know if the police still needed to collect more messages from him as evidence.”

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

@Stradling

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2021-06-30/mlb-trevor-bauer-dodgers-possible-discipline-assault-allegation?_amp=true

"Three days later, she wrote, Pasadena police directed her to call Bauer and ask what he did when she was unconscious.

Bauer said he had punched her buttocks and said: “I was trying to follow your lead.”

She wrote: “At the end of the phone call, at the police’s instructions, I said, ‘Thank you for acknowledging what you did to me.’ Trevor acknowledged it and asked how we could move forward and asked if he could still reach out. I told him that he could because I did not know if the police still needed to collect more messages from him as evidence.”

Got it.  “Following her lead” is weird.  I must be a pretty normal person because to me there is a gray area.  Did he knowingly punch her while she was out?  Or did he punch her ass while she was out and realized she was out after the ass punch was thrown?  I am just blown away that someone would knowingly do it.  I sound like I am defending his actions, but there is a difference.  

1 hour ago, Lou said:

"It would be a message that the organization has zero tolerance for domestic violence, a message that the team is representing Los Angeles with a culture of decency and respect, a message that prioritizes integrity over statistics and morality over money."

Bill must have forgotten about Jose Urias.

And about the fanbase

40 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I ask this because I didn’t see it, was this in an interview?  Or is this a quote in article or in transcripts from the investigation?  

Good one on you Strad.

To clarify, we dont know. Which is a point I made a few weeks ago on here.

We KNOW that she said he said that in a cold call. We'll ASSUME shes being honest. But then each article that came out after that, the wording was sort of different each time, and the writer mentions it as fact (when again, the PD hasnt released any official info yet)

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Got it.  “Following her lead” is weird.  I must be a pretty normal person because to me there is a gray area.  Did he knowingly punch her while she was out?  Or did he punch her ass while she was out and realized she was out after the ass punch was thrown?  I am just blown away that someone would knowingly do it.  I sound like I am defending his actions, but there is a difference.  

Id say punching in the butt is more of a brown area than a gray one.

Assuming that the Cals/Ocho radar has generally been correct.., and she was a gold digger/star f'er/hoor..

What are the odds that Bauer doesn't pitch the rest of the season?

He may not charged with anything (escaping the ass punch w/o consent) but it is still a bad look for a person who represents a billion dollar corporation.

Edited by yk9001

On 7/7/2021 at 1:56 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Wow. 

I wonder how popular he was with dog fans to begin with? 

one of my former students was a little pissed that bauer wasn't picked for the all star team. "he's had a really good first half and deserves to be there" was his reasoning. he didn't understand the PR nightmare the league would have had on its' hands had he been on the team.

9 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Assuming that the Cals/Ocho radar has generally been correct.., and she was a gold digger/star f'er/hoor..

He may not charged with anything (escaping the ass punch w/o consent) but it is still a bad look for a person who represents a billion dollar corporation.

Hopefully he does a social media campaign about "Will he/won't he" return to the team this season.

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

one of my former students was a little pissed that bauer wasn't picked for the all star team. "he's had a really good first half and deserves to be there" was his reasoning. he didn't understand the PR nightmare the league would have had on its' hands had he been on the team.

It would have been better of he said "he should have been an all star, he kicks ass!" And you went "no, he hits ass"

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Just to clarify, Im neutral on her. Im still completely open to him being charged. Reason being that nothing official has been released yet. The only thing, at all, thats been verified is she was granted a restraining order, and that PD is investigating.

Everything else is her story, through a lawyer she retained to sue him, and Bauers lawyer, who is protecting his money. Neither is an independent party.

As far as bauers season, its a f*cked situation. Hes already guilty in the eyes of the public. The dodgers will be destroyed if they let him pitch. On the other hand, if he is truly innocent, how can you punish him?

Theres only lose-lose here

33 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

On the other hand, if he is truly innocent, how can you punish him?

yeah, im going to go old skool, old man but a hook up where a dude beats the shit of stranger, who 'wanted it'?

Legalities aside, that is just a bad look.

Yeah old man, that's what young people do these days.  They hook up and the guy beats the shit out of her.  Get with it, pops.