• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer 2.0!

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Bauer gets another 7 days of administrative leave from MLB but it has to be approved by the players union. This just gets worse and worse for baseball. So far Bauer has neither been arrested or charged. 

It doesn't get "worse and worse for baseball". That's an uninformed opinion, it doesn't work like that.

The reality is MLB and the MLBPA are following the Domestic Violence Policy they collectively bargained and implemented in August 2015. Their adherence to this policy shows they believe domestic violence is a serious issue.

Here is a list of other players suspended since the Domestic Violence Policy was put in place:

Aroldis Chapman New York Yankees March 1, 2016 30 games [7]
José Reyes Colorado Rockies May 13, 2016 51 games [9][10]
Héctor Olivera Atlanta Braves May 26, 2016 82 games [11]
Jeurys Familia New York Mets March 29, 2017 15 games [12]
Derek Norris Free agent September 1, 2017 Remainder of the season [13]
Steven Wright Boston Red Sox March 23, 2018 15 games [14]
José Torres San Diego Padres June 8, 2018 100 games [15]
Roberto Osuna Toronto Blue Jays June 22, 2018 75 games [16]
Addison Russell Chicago Cubs September 21, 2018 40 games [17]
Odúbel Herrera Philadelphia Phillies July 5, 2019 Remainder of the season (85 games) [18]
Julio Urías Los Angeles Dodgers August 17, 2019 20 games [19]
Domingo Germán New York Yankees January 2, 2020 81 games [20]
Sam Dyson Free Agent March 5, 2021 Season (162 games)

31 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

Justin Turner

Kenley Jansen

Chris Taylor

Mookie Betts

Max Muncy

Albert Pujols

Dustin May

Have all unfollowed teammate Trevor Bauer on Instagram.

Wow! He is now a cancer and distraction for the team. They need to part ways 

53 minutes ago, rottiesworld said:

If it was a regular person they would be locked up already. 

And why exactly do you think that?

Again. The ONLY thing anyone has heard so far is from the woman's personal injury lawyer, and Bauer's attorney.... no verified facts have been released yet. NONE.

And what exact crime has been alleged so far? The sodomy part where she wasnt conscious could be.... but there is evidence that after that happened, she told bauer "thanks for last night, lets do it again", and went back.... its hard to prove that wasnt consensual. It doesnt make it a crime because she changed her mind later.

I cant stress this enough. Its very possible a crime occurred here. But Bauer has (from whats been released) a very strong defense.

Right now, the most damning thing is the cold call, where Bauer admits punching her ass when she was asleep.... thats misdemeanor battery. In California, 2021.... which is a ticket, at most, informal probation.

Again. Perhaps theres more here. But thats the only thing out there (so far) that is not only a crime, but theres actually evidence (him admitting it) that wasnt consensual.

And her releasing that to the public is going to hurt the case.....

24 minutes ago, cals said:

That was the point all along.

And this is coming from an attorney

Question. You, as neither a criminal law prosecutor or defense attorney.... if I come to you to accuse someone of a crime that the Police are investigating..... what is your roll?

And how much do you charge.

And do people come to you or your colleagues to go after someone who doesnt have money? 

3 minutes ago, cals said:

They’re not his friends.  They’re distancing themselves for their own sake.  Doesn’t mean shit.  I doubt Kenley Jansen has any idea if he committed a crime.

They probably know more than anybody on AW. How do you know why they are distancing themselves from Bauer? You really don't know right. You are just giving your opinion why. Maybe they cannot stand Bauer and wish he was not on Dodgers. None of us really know. In my opinion it shows they can't stand him. That is just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, cals said:

The first question we always ask: Is there a deep pocket? If there isn’t then it isn’t worth it.  Now for me there is almost always an insurance policy to go after. But in odd cases where there isn’t insurance, then you need another deep pocket.  Without it you say tough luck.

Now, what likely happened between this woman and her civil attorney, he realized there may be a viable case and he will take anywhere from 25%-50%.  And even if charges aren’t filed (heck that might be the best case for her side), is that Bauer will be looking to have this thing go away fast, quiet and forever.  So he’ll pay a few million bucks, easy.  Lawyer takes 1/2, she takes half and they’re both millionaires now.  

Lawyers are the best. Sweet James would he take this case? Ask Rodger Lodge.

10 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

They probably know more than anybody on AW. How do you know why they are distancing themselves from Bauer? You really don't know right. You are just giving your opinion why. Maybe they cannot stand Bauer and wish he was not on Dodgers. None of us really know. In my opinion it shows they can't stand him. That is just my opinion.

They aren’t growing closer, that’s for sure 

26 minutes ago, cals said:

Now, what likely happened between this woman and her civil attorney, he realized there may be a viable case and he will take anywhere from 25%-50%.  And even if charges aren’t filed (heck that might be the best case for her side), is that Bauer will be looking to have this thing go away fast, quiet and forever.  So he’ll pay a few million bucks, easy.  Lawyer takes 1/2, she takes half and they’re both millionaires now.  

Ding ding ding ding ding

We have a winner

And again, this isnt me saying a crime didnt occur. Ill be pleased if hes convicted if one did.

But there is absolutely zero reason for her or anyone else to hire an attorney unless she is trying to get paid.... zero. A personal injury lawyer has zero involvement in a criminal case.

Just like you dont get an attorney after a crash to make sure the other driver gets a ticket for running the red light

36 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

They probably know more than anybody on AW. 

Maybe.... but id say its even money they dont.

If anything, theyve heard his side of the story, where he sounds innocent

I would say if anything, they are publicly distancing themselves to protect their "brand". For all we know theyre texting him daily saying "hang in there"

14 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Maybe.... but id say its even money they dont.

If anything, theyve heard his side of the story, where he sounds innocent

I would say if anything, they are publicly distancing themselves to protect their "brand". For all we know theyre texting him daily saying "hang in there"

Or they want nothing to do with him because they can't stand him. I would think they know little more then members on AW. They have been around him all year. 

9 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Or they want nothing to do with him because they can't stand him. I would think they know little more then members on AW. They have been around him all year. 

To the first part, this is very possible. Even without this he isnt the most likeable guy.

To the second part, I wouldnt be so sure.

The pitchers and position guys arent usually "buddy buddy". And at that level theyre all coworkers. Its not how some people picture it. Not to mention, bauer is pretty new there anyway.

But again. As far as knowing more, all they would "know" would be what bauer has told them. And i imagine up until the story broke in the media, the MOST his take would have been was "lol, this crazy bitch is trying to accuse me of raping her! She came to my house twice wanting to bang, you believe that shit?" And I assume he thought he was in the clear because of the texts.

And Id bet my savings account he didnt tell them about the rough sex part.... could be wrong, but i would assume people keep that kind of stuff to themselves.

But none of those guys have talked to the woman, or the police.  (Unless...... one of them is somehow a witness.....)