• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Giants (6/1/2021): Stassi back at C, Gosselin at 2B hitting 2nd

Just now, Justin said:

It's definitely nicer when Rendon goes 3-5 with 5 RBI. I'm hoping this is a sign of things to come. 

That and Mike Trout's boot is off. Iglesias, Rodriguez due back soon. Quintana is OUT of the rotation, Sandoval in. Suarez is pitching really well. I like what I've seen from Wong. 

What's not to like? 

29 minutes ago, Justin said:

Take care of Seattle this weekend and the Angels could be in third place. 

You know, just like the Dodgers. 

Seeing the Dodgers in third place warms my heart. It also makes me feel better about myself as an Angels fan. 🙂 

All I know is this team when they have all their players can hang with the A's and Astros. They've proven they can split with the AL and NL first place teams up in the Bay over the past 6 games, without Trout, a struggling Rendon (with the exception of today). 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I would rather him take his lumps (Again) and pop some HR's in LF over Rojas if Upton goes on the DL. 

No. This is wrong. Him hitting some home runs off of guys that probably won't get a relief role in the majors is a career killing move if he is promoted now. He can't hit for average or control the count to get on base via a walk. He is not even AAA level play right now. Move him to the majors now and I don't think he recovers the poise and confidence to stay in the Majors after some of these pitchers pick him apart. 

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

No. This is wrong. Him hitting some home runs off of guys that probably won't get a relief role in the majors is a career killing move if he is promoted now. He can't hit for average or control the count to get on base via a walk. He is not even AAA level play right now. Move him to the majors now and I don't think he recovers the poise and confidence to stay in the Majors after some of these pitchers pick him apart. 

His K rate and his walk rate have gotten WORSE this year.  People are gushing over the HRs but he hasn't improved the areas he needs improving.

Yeah but home runs!

His swing does look a little less noisy so it could be an adjustment period against better talent than his skill set. If he can lock in then maybe he won't be swinging for fences every plate appearance and start racking up boring old base hits and walks. 

But if he doesn't in the next month or so, maybe AAA is too advanced for him right now considering he never actually spent more than a couple months in AA. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Yeah but home runs!

His swing does look a little less noisy so it could be an adjustment period against better talent than his skill set. If he can lock in then maybe he won't be swinging for fences every plate appearance and start racking up boring old base hits and walks. 

But if he doesn't in the next month or so, maybe AAA is too advanced for him right now considering he never actually spent more than a couple months in AA. 

He's definitely improved, but those weak spots are still there.  I like that he's showing improvement, and I hope he stays down and continues to improve.  

9 hours ago, Justin said:

Take care of Seattle this weekend and the Angels could be in third place. 

You know, just like the Dodgers. 

Speaking of Seattle,  two years ago today (June 2nd) the Angels beat the Mariners up 13 to 3.

Great game.

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

Yeah but home runs!

Hey I'll take Jabari Blash 2.0 in LF over Jose Rojas there any day of the week. 

Note: This was only a consideration if Upton went on the IL after last night's collision. Crisis averted. 

Upton had a couple walks last night and as Lou pointed out earlier in the GDT he's looked great out of the leadoff spot.

8 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Upton appears to be good to go for the Seattle series so most likely nobody. 

One change I would make is sending Rojas down for Rengifo.

I'd actually settle for keeping him up but giving his at bats to Wong.  I can see them wanting to have another LHB up and while Rengifo is a switch hitter, they may just want him to play every day, especially if they get closer to the deadline and end up trading Iglesias.   But yeah, I'd love to see them add guys that actually know how to milk walks.

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Hey I'll take Jabari Blash 2.0 in LF over Jose Rojas there any day of the week. 

Note: This was only a consideration if Upton went on the IL after last night's collision. Crisis averted. 

Upton had a couple walks last night and as Lou pointed out earlier in the GDT he's looked great out of the leadoff spot.

But would you really settle for having him fail to develop and max out as Jabari Blash?  The kid just needs to learn when not to swing.  He's got it in him to be great, he just needs to stop thinking his tools can overcome everything.

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

But would you really settle for having him fail to develop and max out as Jabari Blash?  The kid just needs to learn when not to swing.  He's got it in him to be great, he just needs to stop thinking his tools can overcome everything.

No.

I guess my angst is toward Maddon really. There's no good reason that Jose Rojas should be filling in anywhere defensively on the diamond. It's not like his bat makes up for his defensive deficiencies. 

I'd love to see Rengifo replace him like yesterday already. 

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I have to wonder if maybe they are grooming Rengifo for SS, and thus keeping him in AAA until late in the season, or earlier if Iglesias is traded later on in July. 

Joe Biden Bingo GIF by GIPHY News