• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Friday night shenanigans

Just got back from taking my mom and my new dad to LAX.  The airport, not the club.  They're going to Tahiti for a bit and I was not invited.  My new dad did give me a Ben Franklin, however for taking them to the airport.

We also went out to dinner before hand.  Had the sea bass, Fed Ex'd in from New Zealand.  We went to the Golden Truffle which has a good bistro vibe about it.  A real shame it wasn't more crowded.  They pour their sodas from the can, by the way with a napkin wrapped around the can as if it were a bottle of champagne.

This is my first day in 29 days not going to the gym.  Will be going back tomorrow to fight off the sea bass and piece of bread I ate. 

I have definite guilt today over the carb bite.  I am turning into a chick.  Crock-ette.  Mancini, I did watch the WBC after I got home.  In fact, I did a manager over ride and put on the WBC over Miami Vice, so yes, it was a pretty tame night. 

The lady co-owner of the gym I go to said I could lose maybe another five pounds then 'lean it down,'  whatever the F that means.  She broke my heart by saying this.  It made me want to go buy a pint of ice cream and go on a Miami Vice marathon for a few days.  There's still time to do this.

JEEBUS!  I'm watching the WBC right now and they keep showing the f'ing "somebody left the gate open" mountain climbing ad with that annoying chick singing.  I thought we put that ad to bed last year.  I keep hoping the boyfriend will push the chick off the plateau, but I think she wears the pants and he's afraid to break-up with her. 

The guy in that rock climbing commercial is a well-known real life climber. He's like a super hero amongst the climbing community. He's famous for not using any ropes, ties, hooks - nothing. I think they call it free climbing. I saw a 60 minutes segment about him. The dude is f*cking INSANE. He climbs places, without any safety equipment, that most expereinces climbers won't attempt with all their safety gear.

The guy in that rock climbing commercial is a well-known real life climber. He's like a super hero amongst the climbing community. He's famous for not using any ropes, ties, hooks - nothing. I think they call it free climbing. I saw a 60 minutes segment about him. The dude is f*cking INSANE. He climbs places, without any safety equipment, that most expereinces climbers won't attempt with all their safety gear.

I went to college with a guy like that. I was in the rec room one night when he came in o do some practice. The walls were all cinder blck and this dude managed to grasp his fingers and toes into the cemented area between each block. He then went left to right and right to left like he was Spider-Man. Most amazing display of strength I've ever seen.

That commercial sux on so many levels. I hate it.

I got into rock climbing last year because a business partner of mine was really into it. Most of the stuff we did was free climbing, but probably a 20ft fall at most with crash mats below. I couldn't imagine doing some crap like that. Rock climbing is hard as shit, even with the assistance....which really isn't assistance when you are up there, just safety measures.

I'd like to see this, do you know what it's called?

I went to college with a guy like that. I was in the rec room one night when he came in o do some practice. The walls were all cinder blck and this dude managed to grasp his fingers and toes into the cemented area between each block. He then went left to right and right to left like he was Spider-Man. Most amazing display of strength I've ever seen.

That commercial sux on so many levels. I hate it.

That's rad.

At rock climbing facilities they have finger boards where dudes are doing pull ups with just their finger tips in this small holes going up the wall. They also go side to side and it's basically hand, finger, and grip exercises.

The only thing close to this I have seen or done before was wrestling we had a peg board in the mat room. 

0.jpg

I got into rock climbing last year because a business partner of mine was really into it. Most of the stuff we did was free climbing, but probably a 20ft fall at most with crash mats below. I couldn't imagine doing some crap like that. Rock climbing is hard as shit, even with the assistance....which really isn't assistance when you are up there, just safety measures.

I'd like to see this, do you know what it's called?

It was called 60 Minutes Sports on Showtime. The guy's name is Alex Honnold. Here's an IMDB link for the episode. It's the third segment, "Alone on the Wall." If you type his name on youtube, there are a bunch of videos about him. Crazy stuff.

The link option on here isn't working correctly, so I hope you can click this or just copy & paste:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2628356/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

I read up on the chick in that commercial a couple weeks ago. She said that climb wasn't even tough for her. Neither of the climbers wanted to use ropes but the producers made them.

• 10 years later...