• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What's wrong with Trout?

This has to be one of the worst slumps of his career. I know he's prone for a slump a couple times a year, but he's now hitless in his last SIX games, hitting .128 with an OPS around .600 over his last 13 games. The two days off didn't help at all.

And no, it isn't Pujols - he was slumping before that.

I know he'll eventually pull himself out of this, but it is just kind of disappointing. With this horrible season, at least we had a potential career year in the works for Trout. Instead we get his BA plummeting 100 points in two weeks.

That poster had to put a jinx on Trout before this month by saying that Trout loves to hit in the month of May. If you're looking at the overall slash line for hitters this regular season, it's something like .235/.310/.390. Trout's sash line this season is still awesome and looks more impressive when you look at the fact that it's been very hard to hit this season across the league. 

Clutch hit today against a reliever who was having a dominant start to his season that led to Ohtani's big home run. Only idiots would say that Trout isn't clutch and would point to his 2014 postseason numbers. 3 games, who cares. Anyone can have a bad stretch of three games. What's Trout's career numbers in high leverage situations anyways? 

I'm going to think the high fastball has been a big reason for Trout's struggles of late. He's always been an excellent low fastball hitter. Like I rarely see him swing and miss at a fastball in the lower part of the strike zone. Pitchers are scared to throw him those low fastballs in the lower part of the strike zone. He's usually has had his struggles against the high fastball. If you watch Trout hit and he's down in the strike zone with an 0-1, 1-2, or 0-2 count, look where the catcher is setting up most of the time. He's usually going to put his glove high in the strike zone that indicate that a high fastball is coming against Trout. The book has been out on Trout since 2014. If they still don't know it, they're clueless. 

18 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

This has to be one of the worst slumps of his career. I know he's prone for a slump a couple times a year, but he's now hitless in his last SIX games, hitting .128 with an OPS around .600 over his last 13 games. The two days off didn't help at all.

I know he'll eventually pull himself out of this, but it is just kind of disappointing. With this horrible season, at least we had a potential career year in the works for Trout. Instead we get his BA plummeting 100 points in two weeks.

None of can say how much Pujols DFA has affected Trout. I wonder down the road with season after season of losing if Trout would ask for a trade. Has Ohtani becoming more the face of the Angels. 

18 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Come on.... Everyone has the potential for their BA to change drastically when the season is young. 

He's still batting .333 and leads the AL in OPS, SLG and OBP. 

He's fine. 

16 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Come on.... Everyone has the potential for their BA to change drastically when the season is young. 

He's still batting .333 and leads the AL in OPS, SLG and OBP. 

He's fine. 

Come on, what? He's hitting .150/.346/.275 over his last 13 games. That's not "fine." 

I'm not saying he's in decline or there's something seriously wrong with him, just that he's really struggling now, so something is off or wrong.

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Come on, what? He's hitting .150/.346/.275 over his last 13 games. That's not "fine." 

I'm not saying he's in decline or there's something seriously wrong with him, just that he's really struggling now, so something is off or wrong.

You're right, he is struggling now. 

But this isn't the first time he's gone through this. Plus, out of anyone on the team, I'm the least worried with him. He will come out of it just fine. 

Does the timing suck? Yeah it does since pitching isn't click either. But he could suddenly be back to normal tonight and it's all good.