• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Joe Maddon's bullpen/pitching management

35 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think you guys should try this...

Put little notes in your phone or something about when you think a pitcher should come out or not come out and who should come in. Do it right at the time it you think it. Then keep track of how often you were right or wrong. 

Then just ignore all the times you were right and only track how many times a game you’re wrong.

I think the problem with fans’ analysis of bullpen moves is it’s all done after you see the results. And you are NEVER going to give the manager credit when the reliever succeeds but you will ALWAYS blame him when the reliever fails. 

You have a better chance at getting those guys to exercise regularly and eat healthy.

50 minutes ago, cals said:

Fletch just lifted your poopy bottoms, wiped them clean, tossed on some baby powder and threw on a new diaper for you all.  You poor guys were screaming the whole time.  

Cool, now ask him what he thinks of your Albert to the Dodgers narrative.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

To be fair, if Maddon left Quintana in the game and he gave up a 3-run HR to the next batter, would we be jumping on Maddon for leaving Quintana in?

Aren't you in Hawaii?  What the F are you doing posting here? 

Pujols could have just sat at home and collected his $30 million.

That's probably what I would have done.

Why he would want to prolong the inevitable and possibly be DFA a second time is beyond me.

13 minutes ago, Jay said:

Why he would want to prolong the inevitable and possibly be DFA a second time is beyond me.

Because these are competitive athletes that have had to compete for their entire careers so they are wired to continue to be like that.  It is also why almost all of them need to be told that their time is over.  

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Because he is married and this is better than golf for getting out of the house.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Because these are competitive athletes that have had to compete for their entire careers so they are wired to continue to be like that.  It is also why almost all of them need to be told that their time is over.  

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Because he is married and this is better than golf for getting out of the house.

You can tell which one of you has been married longer.

Part of second guessing comes from a team struggling.  You want them to win so bad, everything is magnified.

I have to remember that this is a season unlike any since early 1900s.

Never had MLB had a season last fewer than 110 games (1981), and suddenly a 60 game season happens.

How will the players hold up in a 162 game season in 2021?

Edited by Angel Oracle

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

The problem with Jeff's tracking game is you never get to find out which direction, yours or Maddon's, nets the better result because there is no second universe to see what the other outcome is. 

Obviously you can’t really do this for just that reason. 

But the larger points are that the manager never gets credit when he’s right. And that you never have to make a decision until you know how his worked. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Obviously you can’t really do this for just that reason. 

But the larger points are that the manager never gets credit when he’s right. And that you never have to make a decision until you know how his worked. 

Any updates on Chris Rodriguez? I think with him, Strickland, Watson, Mayers, and Iglesias all going Maddon will suddenly get credit on bullpen management again. 

Edited by Erstad Grit

36 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Also, if I'm going to post on AngelsWin while in Hawaii, I might as well have this view while doing so.

IMG_20210517_151406.jpg

Must be weird, being the only person at the resort.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

So, anyone else want to whine like a bitch and force Fletch to come and slap your ass down?

Maddon pushes the right buttons tonight.  Again.  

Sorry.

Maddon did a shit job last night and a great job tonight.  Stop with the lame troll shit dude.  You're more fun just being you're normal asshole self and not this guy.  

8 minutes ago, cals said:

How about you go let me have my opinions, doc?  There are a plethora of stupid opinions on AW.  I don’t know why you and a few others are so offended by the fact that I don’t think this team sucks because of Maddon, and I’m entitled to express that opinion just like you or one of the others that are much stupider than you are entitled to express your incorrect opinions.  

You're pulling the martyr card now?  who's stopping you from expressing your opinion? There's a difference between doing that and trolling.  I'm not even all that sure you believe that Maddon is a good manager.   Just that you're intent on taking a contrarian point of view for kicks.  Whatever makes you happy.  But you know you're trolling.  And you're doing it on purpose just to incite some BS which is pretty much the definition of being a troll.  

5 minutes ago, cals said:

But also dumb in that I’m arguing with other idiots on the internet about the managerial skills of an aging hipster.

this is true for all of us.  we should start a think tank instead.  What do you want to solve?  Cure cancer?  World hunger?