• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Jared Walsh Thread

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I don't know if it's gonna hold up but his approach is very impressive.  He's got excellent plate coverage.  Line drive to LF on what seemed like a pitchers pitch on the outside corner and then turns on an inside pitch for a HR into RF.  

It's tempting to think he's a flash in the pan - and certainly a "book" will be developed on him that may change things.

But I agree - he looks very polished and balanced, and like you say, so far, he's not just a mistake hitter - he's turned pitcher's pitches into hits.

Which is the one yellow flag - his plate discipline - his swing rate at pitches outside the strike zone is a bit higher than I'd like, but he makes contact with them at elevated rates, too - so, a little like Vladdy in that sense.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Jared Walsh last 55 games played: 70-for-204 10 doubles 3 triples 16 home runs 55 RBI .343/.403/.657 The only player in MLB with a higher OPS over their last 55 games played? His teammate, Mike Trout.

This all gets better and better every freakin' day.

29 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Jared Walsh last 55 games played: 70-for-204 10 doubles 3 triples 16 home runs 55 RBI .343/.403/.657 The only player in MLB with a higher OPS over their last 55 games played? His teammate, Mike Trout.

amazing the success Walsh is having in an environment like the Angels. Hard to believe he'd have this type of success when there hasn't been much winning or playoff hopes on the line for him to really elevate his play. One would think such production wouldn't and shouldn't be possible but alas, here he is, somehow performing at a high level.

21 minutes ago, rageous said:

Jared Walsh has already outproduced in less than one season of playing time what Albert Pujols has produced in the last 9 years of his contract in fWAR.

Jared Walsh 2.4 in 2020 and 2021

Albert Pujols 2.3 from 2013 to 2021

Sign Walsh to a 10-year, $240,000,001 contract.

3 hours ago, rageous said:

Jared Walsh has already outproduced in less than one season of playing time what Albert Pujols has produced in the last 9 years of his contract in fWAR.

How the hell is that possible? I assume its that Pujols at one point had a higher number, but the negative years brought it down, right?

3 hours ago, rageous said:

That is one of the most remarkable stats I've ever read.