• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When Will You See...Man of Steel

When Will You See...  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Man of Steel

• Theaters
    • DVD/Cable/Etc.
    • Never

Wow, I have to say the movie was phenomenal. 

This is the beginning of a new Man of Steel story, with some nostalgic touches (look for Lex Corp) and events that escalate rather quickly after building up to this point in his life on planet earth. A very "real" angle and perspective on his origin, his values, his life. Mind-blowing cinematography and details, the special effects are top notch. The actor that played Clark fits great, and is very true to the emotions and "roots" of the universal Superman character.  

I would also suggest seeing this in 3D on the biggest screen you can find. Its finally the first "new release" movie I've seen where the 3D actually improved the movie experience, most especially during some of the flying scenes.

Very nice to see another quality Superhero installment come to life. 

Watched this today, and I gotta say I actually enjoyed the hell out of it, but it's definitely not without flaws. The beginning on Krypton was a bit overlong and some of the scenes with the Kents, in particular "The world is too big mom!" scene was kind of tough to watch. That said, I would take this movie over The Avengers which I did like. Just weird that The Avengers was universally acclaimed and for some reason Man of Steel is getting bashed comparatively.

And completely disagree about the character development. The movie is getting bashed for being very slow and dull at times which a lot of the scenes are the back story and developing of the character, that I thought were decent enough, though some times were insert clumsily.

Just came back from it.  It was entertaining, but I can see why critics didn't like it.  The story to me, didn't flow well.  I really liked the Superman story, and thought they could have a whole movie just on it.  But to me, it seemed like the studio thought it was impossible to have a Superman story without action, so they added Superman 2 when they didn't have to.  I still think it was worth seeing in the theaters.  But I didn't think the 3D was worth the extra money.  The action scenes were too quick to take advantage of the 3D IMO.  

This film was really great.

I want to believe that Snyder has a 3.5 to 4 hour cut of this film in his back pocket like he did with Watchmen.

If he doesn't, that's a shame, because if this film had more exposition it would be absolutely wonderful. I am perfectly fine with the non-linear structure and think the film benefits from it.