• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When Will You See...Man of Steel

When Will You See...  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Man of Steel

• Theaters
    • DVD/Cable/Etc.
    • Never

The press showing was last week but they aren't allowed to talk about the movie until after the premiere tonight.  Should start seeing reviews coming out soon.

Ah ok.  That makes more sense then.  Just usually seems to be the kiss of death if studios don't put out screenings for reviewers to see.

First real negative "review" I've read, though I'm sure there's plenty more considering it only has a 73% on Rotten Tomatoes:

you will believe a man can sigh. hopelessly torn between regurgitating a myth & telling a story. inert, dull & terribly timid. the genome of a Nolan film & none of the grace. flashback structure fatally enervates the narrative. hardly any actual *scenes,* even fewer actual characters.

Cavill is great / wasted. Adams is given a petulant and banal Lois Lane. Shannon acquits himself, and yet enjoys not a single memorable moment (his henchwoman steals the show with her Metal Gear moves).

neat design elements, i'll give it that. the thought of a sequel has me locked in the fetal position. no more, zack snyder. no more zack snyder.

It's not really a "review" but it's comments posted by David Ehrlich from film.com in quick summary of his thoughts about it on Letterboxd accompanied by a 1 1/2 star rating. 

This doesn't sway me at all in either direction, but Zack Snyder is definitely my only thing I was iffy about going into this movie. That said, hopes are high regardless and I'm in a Superman mood after watching them all over the last week.

The complaints with it is the story is all over the place and apparently doesn't flow well.  And too much action which is surprising seeing how the main complaint about Superman Returns was too little action.  They probably didn't need to do another origin story of Superman.  I think at this point everyone knows Superman is an alien sent to Earth, blah blah blah.

The complaints with it is the story is all over the place and apparently doesn't flow well.  And too much action which is surprising seeing how the main complaint about Superman Returns was too little action.  They probably didn't need to do another origin story of Superman.  I think at this point everyone knows Superman is an alien sent to Earth, blah blah blah.

WHAT?!? An alien?!? SPOILERS, you moron, SPOILERS!!!!!