• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Arcade

9 hours ago, Tank said:

I’m going full @notherhalohere . . .

15 year old you has been dropped off at the mall with a pocketful of quarters and a three hour window. You head to the arcade. What are you playing?

On a side not to that.  Whenever I see Karate Kid, can't help to say, Golf N Stuff is nowhere close to Reseda.  

And whatever I played, the quarters didn't last long.  I don't remember what I played.  I know the classics were in there, asteroids, missle command, space invaders, pac man.  I remember the Stop n Go had Sinistar.  And the Pizza place had Dragon's Lair.  

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

On a side not to that.  Whenever I see Karate Kid, can't help to say, Golf N Stuff is nowhere close to Reseda.  

yeah, that always made me chuckle. it's at least an hour away. we used to take our 8th graders there every fall for the first class activity of the year. lots of fun memories.

10 hours ago, Blarg said:

That arcade would be in Newport Beach and I would need dimes for skeeball and the gunner trainer that used real footage of Messerschmitt Bf 109's attacking a bomber. I never got into pinball and Missile Command was still five years away. 

my experience was similar - didn't really have a local arcade where i lived but when i found skeeball, i was all over it. i think that was mostly at shakey's pizza place. 

my favorite "video game" to play back then was an arcade baseball game at Disneyland. it was mechanical and "pitched" a ball by rolling it to home plate, where you controlled a bat and swung at it to hit. depending on where the ball landed, that's what you got - a single, a double, an out, a homer, etc. I think they even had mechanical base runners for a while. this game was found on main street in what is now the back part of the candy store. i loved hitting that up at the end of the day before we left the park.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

yeah, that always made me chuckle. it's at least an hour away. we used to take our 8th graders there every fall for the first class activity of the year. lots of fun memories.

The Golf n Stuff they filmed at is actually in Norwalk.I happened to be there that night,  you can see my Harley in the parking lot. I did not know what movie they were filming at the time and I wondered why the parking lot was wet in the middle of summer.I have to admit it was pretty cool when I saw that scene.

22 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

The Golf n Stuff they filmed at is actually in Norwalk.I happened to be there that night,  you can see my Harley in the parking lot. I did not know what movie they were filming at the time and I wondered why the parking lot was wet in the middle of summer.I have to admit it was pretty cool when I saw that scene.

Did you catch a glimpse of Ms Larusso's piece of shit car?