• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who Do You Got 2: Electric Boogaloo? Jered Weaver or John Lackey

tdawg87

1 hour ago, Torridd said:

Imagine, we had Finley, Langston, and Abbott at the same time. Probably if we had half of the offense we had now, we would've been great.

I remember in 1992, Jim Abbott went 7-15.....with a 2.77 ERA.  Anemic offense that year, Gary Gaetti "led" the team with 12 HR.

Weaver all day long. One afternoon my young son & I were sitting at Quiznos in Costa Mesa eating some food and John Lackey walked in. He placed his order and stood by a trash can waiting, looking at the ground. My son saw him look up, smiled and waved to him. Lackey gave my son his WTF look, grabbed his food and left. Probably the same look he gave his wife when he left her.

4 hours ago, Torridd said:

Imagine, we had Finley, Langston, and Abbott at the same time. Probably if we had half of the offense we had now, we would've been great.

Theres a famous pic of those 3, each in different stages of their delivery, on the mound. Really cool pic.

Its crazy to think when this team had pitching...

Those three

Lackey, colon, escobar.... lackey, weaver, santana.... 

We always seem to have pitchers, no bats, or vice versa.

Fun to read through this discussion. For me, I'm not really much of a stats guy and rely more on my memories and how I felt, which I know drives some of y'all crazy. But from that perspective, it's Weave, any day. I can't separate performance and person with objectivity. I'll always appreciate Lackey in the world series along with Krod. Little was more enjoyable for me than watching dominant Krod throw that slider of his, and watching hitters flail away at it. But Weave was the organization for a time. And watching him deal with the loss of Adenhart helped me understand what a loss it was. And every time he pitched, I felt like there was one team on the field rather than 9 players. Intangibles don't really matter to stats and are always what is so hard to qualify, but those matter to fans, and that's what I am, so between the two for me, it's Weave.