• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hanford Guy's Hijacked Memes Thread

nate

when i was in high school in newbury park, we would go to ventura to surf. man, talk about territorial. the locals there were real punks and treated every wave as if it was made only for them. they never took kindly to non-locals, so we usually had to swim a little bit away where the waves were less thrilling. one of those jerks even pulled a knife on my buddy rob because rob had the nerve to try and catch the same wave.

I can attest to this. Ventura and Silver Strand locals are absolute tools.... Says the guy who grew up in Silver Strand and Ventura.

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tank

• Vegas Halo Fan

• HanfordGuy

• Redondo

when i was in high school in newbury park, we would go to ventura to surf. man, talk about territorial. the locals there were real punks and treated every wave as if it was made only for them. they never took kindly to non-locals, so we usually had to swim a little bit away where the waves were less thrilling. one of those jerks even pulled a knife on my buddy rob because rob had the nerve to try and catch the same wave.

I never really had any problems with localism in San Diego.  I surfed a lot from age 13 through 23.  The only problems I had is when I ventured North to Santa Barbara or Santa Cruz.

i never had any problems in carpenteria. loved going there, though the waves were usually on the small side on the days we showed up.

most of my surfing was done at el porto, just north of manhatten pier. i wasn't very good so i tended to stay in places where i wouldn't have bad encounters with the locals who were so possessive of their turf. as much fun as it was to catch waves, i also really enjoyed just sitting on my board, soaking up the sun, and watching the planes take off from LAX.

I can attest to this. Ventura and Silver Strand locals are absolute tools.... Says the guy who grew up in Silver Strand and Ventura.

Lots of pockets of bad seeds up and down the coast, Sunset Cliffs, Palos Verdes, Oxnard/Ventura, Los Osos, Santa Cruz.  I've heard SS area has mellowed a bit, with more police presence and exposure.

Lots of pockets of bad seeds up and down the coast, Sunset Cliffs, Palos Verdes, Oxnard/Ventura, Los Osos, Santa Cruz.  I've heard SS area has mellowed a bit, with more police presence and exposure.

You typed OxNARD!

Heheheheheh........

Sorry, go back to whatever you were discussing.

• 2 weeks later...