• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Supply and demand for starting pitching

Angels 1961

With supply going down as Snell and Darvish going to Padres. Will pitchers like Musgrove, Castillo, Gray and Carrasco cost more for teams in need of starters? Could price go down as a main suitor San Diego will not be in play. With Padres moves increase chances Dodgers go after Bauer? I do like San Diego getting market moving as I think some teams will feel the pressure now.

All depends on the tiers these players are in. 

If we're saying Snell and Darvish are tier 1A then I'd say Castillo is 1A+ 
Castillo is young and cost controlled for 3 years at half the cost. 

If anything, the price went way up on Castillo and everyone else including Musgrove. 
All teams that missed on Snell and (potentially) Darvish will now pivot to Musgrove/Castillo/Gray/anyone else. 

Let the prospect bidding war begin..... Angels will now either have to overpay or they'll just whiff on it and overpay for Bauer. 

7 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

If anything, the price went way up on Castillo and everyone else including Musgrove. 
All teams that missed on Snell and (potentially) Darvish will now pivot to Musgrove/Castillo/Gray/anyone else. 

Let the prospect bidding war begin..... Angels will now either have to overpay or they'll just whiff on it and overpay for Bauer. 

I think Dodgers will now go after Bauer and his price went up. 

39 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

With supply going down as Snell and Darvish going to Padres. Will pitchers like Musgrove, Castillo, Gray and Carrasco cost more for teams in need of starters? Could price go down as a main suitor San Diego will not be in play. With Padres moves increase chances Dodgers go after Bauer? I do like San Diego getting market moving as I think some teams will feel the pressure now.

Hooked on daytime soaps?  As the MLB turns.

5 hours ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Or sign Odorizzi and Tanaka?   Just 31 and 32 in 2021, offer them 3 years each with a team option year.

Get two #3’s for the price of one #1 who has only been a #1 in 2018 and partial 2020.

What’s wrong with Bundy, Odorizzi, Tanaka, Heaney, and Canning, with Barria and Ohtani as needed?

That’s leaps and bounds over any Halos rotation over the past 6 seasons.