• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It's actually time for new uniforms

Angel

Edit: I have revised most of this post

I know it's been said before, many of you hate to see it come up again, but today is an off day and I'd rather not focus on the team's performance right now, so hear me out..

In 2002 the Angels changed their uniforms and won a world series 'miraculously' the same year .   The Padres changed styles and now they're Slam Diego, the Astros moved on from their old color tone and look at them, albeit they are cheaters but still a force to reckon with, I believe the Nats won on the same year they changed jerseys as well.  I'm sure there are more I am missing and I know a lot of these teams went through major rebuilds upon their uniform change but it still makes you wonder, we've had these uniforms for quite some time now, I believe it's time for a new look. 

I miss the red white blue color tone to be honest, it was minimalist and had a certain intimidating factor to it, even the 1994 road greys looked more intimidating.  Laugh or whatever, I just feel like the all white home unis are too 'angelic' and 'nice', I don't want to be the nice Angels, I want to be the competitive indtimidating Angels that nobody wants to face.  I also feel like the red and white uniforms were a part of the Scioscia era of Angels baseball, I really do feel like the team needs a new identity to mark the changing times.  And we have an amazing set of retro uniforms to glean from.

Before you guys write me off, tell me why you don't care OR do you believe this team will never change jerseys again?  I just brought some evidence that team identity changes can be good.

Interesting ideas:

This team will change uniforms, we are not the Dodgers Yankees or Cubs etc. and we have already changed jerseys a handful of times, it's going to happen again.

I feel like they can improve on the red and dark blue 90's theme (although the hat from my avatar is perfect imo), some slight modernization and if Arte can quit being part of L.A. to spite the Dodgers, we'll be back to CA/Anaheim Angels in no time.

If you search the history we have these threads pop up about every 6 months, here is the most recent one I found.  I know what you are going to say, “Hey Straddy (not my Daddy) this is about the alternative uniforms”. Doesn’t matter, you’ll get everything you need from that thread.  

You are welcome, Son.

Just now, failos said:

Sounds like you're a coward then. Quit using alts to speak your mind.

He eluded to me banning him so he won’t share his old name.  By the way, I have never once banned someone as I do not have authority to do so.  But that is neither here nor there.  He is probably one of the Quinlans.

It’s actually not. Nothing wrong with the unis. We have had the most success under them. Maybe focus on more important things like oh idk..... IMPROVING THE FUCKING TEAM. Why are people so fixated on the uniforms? They’re simple and nice. It’s part of our identity now. I’d rather start creating culture then starting over agsin