• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Astros (8/25/2020) - Let's play TWO

1 minute ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Thaiss was certainly not a good selection so far. 25 years old and hasn’t done anything. The jury is still out on most of the players Eppler drafted. But he traded Will Wilson just to get rid of Cozart

Marsh came in the same draft as Thaiss. 

Adell and Canning both came from 2017 and you cant call them a bust yet.

Jordyn Afams and Jeremiah Jackson in 2018.

Outside of Thaiss they have become good prospects.  

5 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Who has Eppler drafted that was a bust yet?

4 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

5 or so drafts. Can't think of a breakout. Maybe Fletch was one of his.

Fletcher was not one of his. 

The Angels will likely have their highest pick in a quarter-century and they desperately need pitching. If you trust Eppler to make the pick, cool. I respect your opinion. I do not share it. 

3 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Stars usually beat that by a couple of years. Trout or Harper certainly did not take 5 years. I don't think Kershaw or Bumgarner did either.

So what are the chances of picking a star like Harper, Trout, and Kershaw?

I wouldn't call Eppler a bust for not signing one of those guys.  

Thaiss still has a chance to be a solid major leaguer.  Adell was a top 5 prospect.  Marsh top 50 I believe, Canning. Adam's and Jackson.  

Eppler certainly isme Dipshito on drafting.

2 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Marsh came in the same draft as Thaiss. 

Adell and Canning both came from 2017 and you cant call them a bust yet.

Jordyn Afams and Jeremiah Jackson in 2018.

Outside of Thaiss they have become good prospects.  

I agree with you. I was just answering your question. Thaiss is a miss barring something crazy happening

the jury is still out on the rest.

the issue for Eppler is that he hasn’t done a good enough job with his acquisitions to be here if his draft picks pan out

hes on the way out

It's one thing for a team with little talent to have this type of year. But even some of the expansion team 'lovable losers' were enthusiastic and perversely entertaining. Effort was not a problem. 1961 Angels, 1962 Mets, 1969 Expos and Seattle Pilots for instance. 

Probably the worst teams to watch are underachievers with lots of proven talent and huge salaries. Fat cats, pampered, no accountability, sense of entitlement. Lack of leadership, hustle and urgency from the core players.

MIx in meddling ownership, questionable management and robotic coaching and we see the results. 

Obviously it's not just most of the rich veterans, because management has put together a weak talent pool around them. What frustrates me most is the indifferent passiveness we see game in and game out from the veterans. Hardly any sense of commitment to the collective team goals. 

Fans too factor in, watching personal stats more than how the chemistry works. Trout's MVPs, Pujols career chases, Ohtani's two way max potential, whether Rendon's numbers justify his salary ,Upton's power numbers. Maybe it's the fantasy game angle. 

The culture is rotten to the core. 

12 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I agree with you. I was just answering your question. Thaiss is a miss barring something crazy happening

the jury is still out on the rest.

the issue for Eppler is that he hasn’t done a good enough job with his acquisitions to be here if his draft picks pan out

hes on the way out

No argument.  6 years and team has regressed

Canning is a hope based in optimism. His tire tread right now is slipping and sliding all over the road. Yes, he has a chance. But he can't regress and forget how to reach the eighth inning. 

Why is a one-year free agent our top pitcher?

We have a crew of struggling young-ish relievers who impressed early and then either the hitters learned their repertoire or they got hurt and haven't been the same since.