• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pandemic Twist

Torridd

Pandemic Twist?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. If we didn't have the pandemic, would the Angels this season...

• still would be terrible?
    • have been a bit better?
    • have been a lot better?

49 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I didn’t think we had the pitching for 162 games, or 60 for that matter....that’s not a surprise.....the offense has been a surprise....maybe it would have been better with more time for guys to heat up....

There is really no way to tell. They are all 50:50 guys (starters-- the bullpen sucks), one good outing followed by a disastrous one. Probably lots of 3 game winning streaks followed by 5 game losing streaks. They would have finished somewhere between 5-10 games under .500 

We are still playing baseball. I can't think of a single player who was a big name or who would be affecting our winning in a massive way who opted out. I think this team is what they are. Unfortunately, because I thought this team was going to either win this division or at the very least come in 2nd in this division. Right now it's looking more and more likely we finish in last place. For a team that has spent the kind of money we have that's flat out unacceptable. Arte should want to clean house if this is how the Angels finish this year. 

I voted "a bit better" because I think a full season gives some of the under-performing guys a chance normalize their game a bit, at least on the offensive side. I do think there would still be issues with the pitching, however. As ALF said, though, everyone else is in the same boat. The Angels just started cold when they really couldn't afford to.

5 hours ago, Kevinb said:

We are still playing baseball. I can't think of a single player who was a big name or who would be affecting our winning in a massive way who opted out. I think this team is what they are. Unfortunately, because I thought this team was going to either win this division or at the very least come in 2nd in this division. Right now it's looking more and more likely we finish in last place. For a team that has spent the kind of money we have that's flat out unacceptable. Arte should want to clean house if this is how the Angels finish this year. 

Clean house sure, but what about the guys with no-trade clauses?

Eppler he can let walk, Maddon he has to pay two more years.

I don't see a house cleaning in the near future.

On 8/20/2020 at 3:26 PM, Jeremiah said:

I voted "a bit better" because I think a full season gives some of the under-performing guys a chance normalize their game a bit, at least on the offensive side. I do think there would still be issues with the pitching, however. As ALF said, though, everyone else is in the same boat. The Angels just started cold when they really couldn't afford to.

A bad start this year is unrecoverable. In a normal year we would have another 130 games left for Trout, Ohtani, others to get through a slump but the pitching still sucks. We still would miss the playoffs and in all likelihood would get a much worse draft pick next July...

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds