• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Los Angeles Angels Trade Stock

Chuck

AL BA is 11th, AL OBP is 10th, AL SLG is 7th, and AL OPS is 9th.

Sad thing would be the following OPS'.

Ohtani - .665 in 78 PA's; congratulations, you're at the head of the Delta class.

Pujols - .627 in 71 PA's - Halos' answer to Hoover

Upton - .357 in 71 PA's - Halos' answer to Bluto

Rengifo - .392 in 48 PA's

Adell - .443 in 37 PA's

Ward - .422 in 37 PA's

Edited by Angel Oracle

Here's a novel idea.

Keep the team mostly intact and let this fake season play itself out. No panic. 60 games puts extra pressure on veterans to reach optimum production levels very quickly. A 20 or 30 game slump normally can be overcome with a hot rest of the year. This year it basically ruins a season for individuals. 

Fletcher, Trout, Rendon and Ohtani were supposed to be the heart of the offense. Fletcher is the only one of them who has played close enough to his best so far. Over 162 games they should revert to norm. I do worry about the regression in Ohtani, but he deserves a full season to see if he self corrects as a hitter. 

But if his pitching career is over or marginalized then he has to prove he deserves an everyday roster spot. I also would trade him if the return brought back some major league pitching. 

Adell needs a bigger window to show what he can do. His major league career has been rushed and expectations have been for immediate success. 

Wait till next year and let him work through a conventional rookie growing curve. He shouldn't be prematurely judged. All we really have seen from him are about a dozen or so games. 

We are stuck with Upton and Pujols next year. The odds are that they improve somewhat because they can't be much worse. Over this 60 game season the old guys just never got going. Untradable, so next year they should be used only in minor platooning, pinch hitting and DH roles. Obscenely expensive deadwood. But no other options. Maybe give Pujols to the Cards if they eat even a fraction of his salary. 

Goodwin has proven he has value. Possibly the best trade asset. But corner outfield positions have become a weakness. 

Catchers are a patchwork mix, but acceptable till a better option comes along. 

Is Rengifo more important as a trade asset or starter? Depends on what happens with Simmons and the infield. With the salary cap always a factor I can't see them resigning Simmons. So get Rengifo more starts the rest of this year and see how he does. 

La Stella is a modest positive, especially if he becomes adequate at first. But the salary cap again limits options. Ideally he too should get more starts there or wherever they feel is his best position.

Pitching is so volatile that I can't even think long term. But during this shortened season each game is magnified. Over 162 games you get a much better evaluation. Bundy looks like a positive addition. Teheran still an unknown longer term. Heaney, Canning. Sandoval are decent mid to late rotation starters. All could be trade pieces for the right deal, but maybe at least one or two still progress enough during a 162 game season. A consistent bullpen ace is strongly needed. What we've seen this year is almost total chaos. Some great sequences but more often arson inducing. And again, this short season only allows a very limited amount of games to judge. 

The Angels can't be panic traders. I wouldn't jump into a big trade at this deadline. Bite the bullet the rest of this year and reassess in the off season. 

They have the best player in the game, another top ten all star and a better than average hitting core. Focus on quality pitchers. You have to give up assets to acquire others, so no one is untradable. But pitching assets are a much higher priority than hitters. Any of  Fletcher, Goodwin Rengifo, Adell, might bring back that pitching. But the return  has to make the team better than they were before.

8 minutes ago, NrM said:

this thread "I'll only trade this decent hitter for a front end starting pitcher"

I know everyone here hates prospects almost as much as Arte Moreno does, but the Angels desperately need quality arms in their farmsystem.

Yes.  Who is the decent hitter you are referring to? 

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Where 23rd out of 30 other teams, our overall ERA is over 5. That isn't going to win us game...and therefor our pitching is dogshit. 

You said: "Forget the offense, Arte has wasted so much money on trying ti improve the offense that its still dogshit"

That would elude to the offense being dogshit. If you were referring to the pitching, your sentence structure was a failure. 

7 hours ago, RendZone said:

They need to tank, cut, sell and draft wisely. The current plan of caring for the elderly is not good for running a baseball team. 

We are in it way to deep to just tank and sell. We have the offense. The offense will produce. We just need pitching. No reason to trade 2 top 10 players when we have plenty of tradable assets to form a decent rotation.

12 minutes ago, Bronson said:

We are in it way to deep to just tank and sell. We have the offense. The offense will produce. We just need pitching. No reason to trade 2 top 10 players when we have plenty of tradable assets to form a decent rotation.

Way too deep financially with 4 players eating $116M while trying to fill a 26 man roster with the other $70M. 
Eppler has his hands full with very little to work with. 

4 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Pitching Pitching Pitching Pitching 

Forget the offense, Arte has wasted so much money on trying ti improve the offense that its still dogshit,

4 hours ago, Lou said:

It's not dogshit. It's middle of the pack in the AL. 

26 minutes ago, Jay said:

You did not say offense.

Z

Yea if you can’t tell he’s talking about the offense when he referenced the same adjective Vlad27 used then maybe reading comprehension might be something to focus on. 

I do love trade value threads.  Everyone seems to overvalue their assests.  I know Fletcher is a popular player here but look at his stats.  Solid 285-290 but doesn't steal bases, no power.  He is a utility infielder.  Check out Goodwins career stats.  He had a good year here last year but was it a flash in the pan?  He is a career 250 hitter with only modest power. The Angels think so highly of him that they still give Upton a chance to play over him.  Adell has value to the organization as a very young cost controlled asset.  I doubt given the 120 million on 4 players for next year they are looking to give away a top prospect who is cheap for anything that is going to cost a lot of money.  Maybe next year. The other young prospects aroung (Ward, Walsh) consistently get called crappy around here but people seem to think they can attract top tier talent elsewhere.  I particularly loved the statement above that the Angels should give Pujols to the Cardinals if they pay even a small part of his salary.  Lets get this straight:  no one is paying anything to get Pujols.  The Angels would have to pay his contract AND probably give up a prospect to get rid of Pujols.  PUjols said FU to the Cardinals when he left and the Cardinals have been breathing a 9 years sigh of relief that they did not get stuck with his disasterous contract.   It will be very curious in 5-6 years to see if the very unpopular thought (and rightfully so) of trading Trout a few years ago to completely replenish the farm system will end up looking like the right move to have made.

13 minutes ago, thebloob said:

I do love trade value threads.  Everyone seems to overvalue their assests.  I know Fletcher is a popular player here but look at his stats.  Solid 285-290 but doesn't steal bases, no power.  He is a utility infielder.  Check out Goodwins career stats.  He had a good year here last year but was it a flash in the pan?  He is a career 250 hitter with only modest power. The Angels think so highly of him that they still give Upton a chance to play over him.  Adell has value to the organization as a very young cost controlled asset.  I doubt given the 120 million on 4 players for next year they are looking to give away a top prospect who is cheap for anything that is going to cost a lot of money.  Maybe next year. The other young prospects aroung (Ward, Walsh) consistently get called crappy around here but people seem to think they can attract top tier talent elsewhere.  I particularly loved the statement above that the Angels should give Pujols to the Cardinals if they pay even a small part of his salary.  Lets get this straight:  no one is paying anything to get Pujols.  The Angels would have to pay his contract AND probably give up a prospect to get rid of Pujols.  PUjols said FU to the Cardinals when he left and the Cardinals have been breathing a 9 years sigh of relief that they did not get stuck with his disasterous contract.   It will be very curious in 5-6 years to see if the very unpopular thought (and rightfully so) of trading Trout a few years ago to completely replenish the farm system will end up looking like the right move to have made.

You must be reading other Angels boards because no one here thinks Ward or Walsh have any trade value.  No one here has suggested the Cards will take Albert if we pay a small portion of his contract.   You are undervaluing Fletcher.  He’s a good lead off hitter.  He’s great defensively at 2 positions and adequate at SS and like you said of Adell, Fletcher is affordable which is crucial for a lot of teams.  As for Goodwin he had an .800 OPS last year and came back with 1000 OPS so far this year.  Also he’s got two years of control.  He’s a former top prospect who appears to have found his groove in the majors. Is he worthy of getting you a top of the rotation arm by himself, no but he very well could be the “now” part for a teams major league ready arm. So you are reading shitty takes from other websites and pretending they came from here.  

3 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Here's a novel idea.

Keep the team mostly intact and let this fake season play itself out. No panic. 60 games puts extra pressure on veterans to reach optimum production levels very quickly. A 20 or 30 game slump normally can be overcome with a hot rest of the year. This year it basically ruins a season for individuals. 

Fletcher, Trout, Rendon and Ohtani were supposed to be the heart of the offense. Fletcher is the only one of them who has played close enough to his best so far. Over 162 games they should revert to norm. I do worry about the regression in Ohtani, but he deserves a full season to see if he self corrects as a hitter. 

But if his pitching career is over or marginalized then he has to prove he deserves an everyday roster spot. I also would trade him if the return brought back some major league pitching. 

Adell needs a bigger window to show what he can do. His major league career has been rushed and expectations have been for immediate success. 

Wait till next year and let him work through a conventional rookie growing curve. He shouldn't be prematurely judged. All we really have seen from him are about a dozen or so games. 

We are stuck with Upton and Pujols next year. The odds are that they improve somewhat because they can't be much worse. Over this 60 game season the old guys just never got going. Untradable, so next year they should be used only in minor platooning, pinch hitting and DH roles. Obscenely expensive deadwood. But no other options. Maybe give Pujols to the Cards if they eat even a fraction of his salary. 

Goodwin has proven he has value. Possibly the best trade asset. But corner outfield positions have become a weakness. 

Catchers are a patchwork mix, but acceptable till a better option comes along. 

Is Rengifo more important as a trade asset or starter? Depends on what happens with Simmons and the infield. With the salary cap always a factor I can't see them resigning Simmons. So get Rengifo more starts the rest of this year and see how he does. 

La Stella is a modest positive, especially if he becomes adequate at first. But the salary cap again limits options. Ideally he too should get more starts there or wherever they feel is his best position.

Pitching is so volatile that I can't even think long term. But during this shortened season each game is magnified. Over 162 games you get a much better evaluation. Bundy looks like a positive addition. Teheran still an unknown longer term. Heaney, Canning. Sandoval are decent mid to late rotation starters. All could be trade pieces for the right deal, but maybe at least one or two still progress enough during a 162 game season. A consistent bullpen ace is strongly needed. What we've seen this year is almost total chaos. Some great sequences but more often arson inducing. And again, this short season only allows a very limited amount of games to judge. 

The Angels can't be panic traders. I wouldn't jump into a big trade at this deadline. Bite the bullet the rest of this year and reassess in the off season. 

They have the best player in the game, another top ten all star and a better than average hitting core. Focus on quality pitchers. You have to give up assets to acquire others, so no one is untradable. But pitching assets are a much higher priority than hitters. Any of  Fletcher, Goodwin Rengifo, Adell, might bring back that pitching. But the return  has to make the team better than they were before.

My biggest point is that unless they can buy out Pujols and or Upton it is difficult to trade for top line talent that will cost significant money.  I also don't really look at other Angels websites so not really sure why you are so defensive about my opinion.  Goodwins "career" year has been a 2 WAR year.  You potentially can try to bundle all these guys together to pick up something but they might be better off keeping the Fletchers, Goodwins becuase they have had value at minimal cost and let Rengifo  and Adell play daily for experience.  The next year to sign big money agents has to be 2022.

1 hour ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

I’m open to trading any and everyone outside of Trout and Rendon. 

Seriously! 

I'm starting to wonder if we should trade Ohtani. It would probably be a mistake and you should never trade a guy when his value is lower, but man if we could get a good package for him why not entertain it at the very least?

1.  Extend Simmons on a club friendly deal if possible.

2.  Train La Stella to be our every day 1b.  Last year wasn't a fluke.

3. I would trade Bundy for Clevenger.

4. Trade Heaney if the package is right.

4. Have Goodwin, Marsh, and Adell rotate two out field positions.

5.  Have Thaiss back up 1b and La Stella could back up any of the infield.

6. DH Ohtani

7. Let Pujols retire with one year left on contract

8.  I have no idea what to do with Upton

9. Invest money in Pitching staff.  

10.  Hope Detmer and Rodriguez could be ready next year. 

11.  I am ok with Bundy or a Clevinger, Sandavol, hopefully Detmer and C Rodriguez with Barria and Suarez for depth.  The problem is how much confidence is Suarez going to lose by the angels rushing him to the majors.

Offensively we should be good to solid in every position.  

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Seriously! I'm starting to wonder if we should trade Ohtani. It would probably be a mistake and you should never trade a guy when his value is lower, but man if we could get a good package for him why not entertain it at the very least?

I think something like this would be more likely if we brought in a GM who is the type to trade players from the previous GM who he has no attachment to and build the team from his own draft picks, prospect acquisitions, and trades/free agent signings.

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Seriously! 

I'm starting to wonder if we should trade Ohtani. It would probably be a mistake and you should never trade a guy when his value is lower, but man if we could get a good package for him why not entertain it at the very least?

His arm is on the fritz again so there is no way any team will trade for him