• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (8/9/2020)

Chuck

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Oh goody we get this version of Beatles.  The over exaggerating version because he once said to trade him or some shit like that.  In other words a similarly annoying version to the original version.  

More like he's clearly not ready and is not this amazing stud that's going to take the world by storm. It's called being objective and not gushing over him simply because he's an Angel drafted by your favorite GM of all time which you choose to ignore all his flaws. He should have been traded for Yelich yes if the Marlins wanted him. The Angels love to miss on first round picks and so far, Jo Adell sucks donkey balls and is not the prospect he's been talked up to be. 

Horrible start to his Hall of Fame career. Adell is the least of the Angels problems though. 

4 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

More like he's clearly not ready and is not this amazing stud that's going to take the world by storm. It's called being objective and not gushing over him simply because he's an Angel drafted by your favorite GM of all time which you choose to ignore all his flaws. He should have been traded for Yelich yes if the Marlins wanted him. The Angels love to miss on first round picks and so far, Jo Adell sucks donkey balls and is not the prospect he's been talked up to be. 

Horrible start to his Hall of Fame career. Adell is the least of the Angels problems though. 

Oh I’m sure he got his prospect ranking based on my opinion of our GM you dolt.  
You create these awesome narratives about making these trades that could have happened except Eppler didn’t pursue them.  
We’ve gone over this but you just keep plugging away at some make believe trade that could have happened.  

29 minutes ago, RendZone said:

2019 Mariners Kyle Lewis OF first 5 games

.316 / .333 / .842 / 1.175

3 hrs / 1dbl / 6 rbi’s

He's going to be a stud but that .514 BABIP he's carrying so far this season has a lot to do with the high average he has now. I'm assuming he had a high BABIP in his first 5 games too but it reverted back to normal as he ended the year at .268.

Edited by rafibomb

4 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

He's going to be a stud but that .514 BABIP he's carrying so far this season has a lot to do with the high average he has now. I'm assuming he had a high BABIP in his first 5 games too but it reverted back to normal as he ended the year at .268.

Yeah he sucks.

45312FB9-08B1-4BBF-9BE1-BBBDA466C7BB.jpeg

1 minute ago, RendZone said:

Yeah he sucks.

45312FB9-08B1-4BBF-9BE1-BBBDA466C7BB.jpeg

C'mon now I never said he sucks? I literally started off my sentence saying he is going to be a stud. I am just saying his BABIP right now is .514 which is just not sustainable. Which is probably why his average was at .268 at the end of the year despite a hot start. I would be thrilled if Adell was hitting anywhere near Kyle Lewis. People as fast as them just need to put the ball in play. For example both of his hits were infield singles. One thing I noticed about Lewis is that he is always making contact which I wish Adell would do.

Just now, rafibomb said:

I would be thrilled if Adell was hitting anywhere near Kyle Lewis. 

Exactly this. Lewis is 24 years old and Adell is only 21. I believe that Adell has a great future but he was brought in way too soon. The pandemic situation changed a lot of plans. Adell really should be playing on a AAA club right now. He was rushed into service because money pit Upton has failed to perform. I feel that Upton really put the team in a bad situation. They can’t just write Upton a $50M check to go stay home. Adell is getting thrown to the wolves. 

8 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Exactly this. Lewis is 24 years old and Adell is only 21. I believe that Adell has a great future but he was brought in way too soon. The pandemic situation changed a lot of plans. Adell really should be playing on a AAA club right now. He was rushed into service because money pit Upton has failed to perform. I feel that Upton really put the team in a bad situation. They can’t just write Upton a $50M check to go stay home. Adell is getting thrown to the wolves. 

Exactly. Reminds me of Canning, Suarez and Sandoval getting called up last season with the dumpster fire rotation and injuries. Baptism by fire. I feel like we definitely were hit the hardest with the minor league season being cancelled. Adell only had like 20-something games under his belt in Salt Lake and probably would have been there until the All Star-Break the earliest. Also Ohtani should have been rehabbing with Inland Empire once a week coming from Tommy John.

Edited by rafibomb

4 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Is that Oakland... it looks so different. I was thinking it was Texas.

The movie was filmed when Los Raiders were playing in Los Angeles. The obscenity called the SS Al Davis had yet to be constructed in front of the lovely hillside scenery and the walk to the BART platform beyond center field.

58 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

The movie was filmed when Los Raiders were playing in Los Angeles. The obscenity called the SS Al Davis had yet to be constructed in front of the lovely hillside scenery and the walk to the BART platform beyond center field.

Mt. Davis sounds more appropriate, and yeah, made a decent looking stadium look ugly and introduced us to Tarpy.

3 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Wait.

Right field is harder than CF?

To read the ball of the bat, yes, the arm it takes.  Basically in CF you need better range but you get a truly ball if that makes sense.  Left field is the easiest of the three.  Least range, least arm.  

5 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

The texas rangers unis they wore yesterday are pretty sweet.

I saw the Twins play at the Orioles on May 5, 1978 and they wore those sweet light blue unis.  For a while in the late seventies, like a third of the teams wore those.  Phils, Cards, Twins, Braves.  I know I am missing some.

You liked them?

8 minutes ago, JocStrapling said:

Dude, it’s obvious you never played competitive ball.  Little league and HS JV don’t count. So sick of hearing you splinter pickers talk like you understand the game when in reality the closest you have come to competitive play is via MLB the Show! 🤣

Yea, you caught me, I didn’t play college ball or minor league ball.  I guess that makes me incapable of talking about baseball.  If you want to believe that tracking a ball off the bat in centerfield is harder than tracking a ball in right field go right ahead.  I completely disagree.  By the way I was a center fielder so this me trying to say my position was harder, quite the contrary.