• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Mariners (8/6/2020)

Chuck

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Yes, without a doubt.  This is probably the shortest one of the year, because the game was virtually all positive.

@Jeff Fletcher traditionally a day game in which the team wins is typically much shorter and there's less dialog. 

That said it was also a team win on a day game playing against the Mariners. The opponent also matters. 

If we were playing against the Astros, Yankees or Dodgers we'd be at least up to 10 pages, maybe 15-20 depending on if they won or lost. 

On 8/6/2020 at 2:10 PM, Lou said:

Walker has an ERA of 5.79

Hi @Lou, Walker has an ERA of 4.05 after hurling 6 shutout innings against the Rangers tonight. 

His ERA based on 3 or more starts (Sandoval excluded) would put him second best to Dylan Bundy among starting pitchers on our team. 

My point of going after him was that he was cheap, young & high upside. 

Just to keep you updated my friend. 😉

Cc: @Taylor 

Screenshot_20200812-220549_Chrome.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2020 at 3:24 PM, Taylor said:

Taijuan who?

On 8/6/2020 at 2:10 PM, Lou said:

Walker has an ERA of 5.79

On 8/6/2020 at 2:20 PM, Lou said:

Experts 

On 8/6/2020 at 2:27 PM, Chuckster70 said:

I'll repeat for those in the back of the bus.

He's young. He's got upside. He was cheap.

So yes, I stand by my comments. 

Let's pick this conversation up again at the end of this short season. 

On 8/6/2020 at 1:30 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Man Walker looks like he did pre TJ surgery. 

Why didn't we sign this guy again? 

On 8/6/2020 at 1:45 PM, Chuckster70 said:

He is still young. Has upside. Was cheap! 

It was a no brainer to sign him! 

On 8/6/2020 at 1:50 PM, Chuckster70 said:

Low Risk, High Reward. Essentially what Eppler has done with the bullpen over the years. 

This was a move right up his alley that he missed on. 

On 8/6/2020 at 2:08 PM, Lou said:

High Risk not looking so good. 

On 8/6/2020 at 2:35 PM, Lou said:

I have time now. 

Hi @Lou I found some time in my schedule for you. 

Cc: @Taylor

Taijuan Walker was dominant in a victory over the Orioles in his Blue Jays' debut on Saturday, scattering four hits over six scoreless innings.

Walker punched out four on the night while issuing three free passes. He threw 92 pitches in the game -- 56 of them for strikes. Only once in the game did the Orioles have a player reach third base against him -- with two outs in the fifth inning -- and he retired Renato Nunez on a fly ball to end that threat. The right-hander will carry a 3.27 ERA and 1.09 WHIP into Thursday's matchup against the Red Sox in Boston.

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

What does Walker have to do with the Mariners vs the Angels?

Go back and read your comments about Walker in this thread when I said the Angels should have went after him this offseason. 

It's easy to dish out the bumps, but you can't seem to take being on the receiving end. 😘

7 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Go back and read your comments about Walker in this thread when I said the Angels should have went after him this offseason. 

It's easy to dish out the bumps, but you can't seem to take being on the receiving end. 😘

Nope.

I just don't think signing Walker would have made any difference.