• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What is your Angels lineup, rotation & bullpen the rest of the season?

Chuck

Dope Yes GIF by Alex Trimpe

Lineup

SS Fletcher

CF Trout

3B Rendon

DH Ohtani

2B La Stella (Rengio against lefties and switch with Pujols in the order)

LF Goodwin/Upton (A straight platoon which sees Goodwin get the majority of at bats)

C Castro 

1B Pujols

RF Adell 

Rotation:

Heaney

Bundy

Canning

Teheran

Sandoval

Andriese & Pena can piggyback Teheran until he's ready to go 100+ pitches) and Sandoval for the same reasons. Once they're 100% ready to go, I would like to see Pena and Andriese in high leverage situations late until Robles gets his velo and command back. 

I mentioned this in another thread but I would like to see Yan and C. Rodriguez used as relievers as well since they have swing and miss stuff. 

26 minutes ago, Stradling said:

The best line up?

Fletcher

Trout

Rendon

Ohtani

Upton

Goodwin

Castro

Adell

La Stella

Rotation

Heaney

Bundy

Canning

Teheran

Sandoval

Bullpen

Buchter

Bedrosian

Andreise

Pena

That’s it.  

You have 4 guys playing the outfield. That would help our outfield defense a lot but might not be the most efficient. 

11 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

2nd Fletcher

CF Trout

DH Ohtani

3rd Rendon

RF Adell

LF Goodwin

C Stassi

1b LaStella

SS Simmons

I am over the Pujols and Upton train. Imagine what the Angels could do with around 50 million in useful contracts. 

Maybe enough to not pigeon hole a GM so someone doesn't start a "fire x" thread

Still not convinced Andriese is a starter.  If we are out of it, we might as well give Suarez or Barria the opportunity to grab that spot.  Let Andriese stick to the bullpen.  Heaney-Canning-Bundy-Teheran-Sandoval-Suarez/Barria is what the rotation should look like if we don't make any trades.

18 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

I mean even when we were winning division title after division title there were still people

here who wanted someone fired. 

Yeah....

Why I don't come around these parts much in the past few years. I peek and do one of my 5-7 posts a year. I just hope to see some progress or certain players standout in a lost season.

Lineup at full health

Fletcher, 2B
Trout, CF
Rendon, 3B
Ohtani, DH
Adell, RF
Upton/Goodwin, LF
La Stella/Pujols, 1B
Castro/Stassi, C
Simmons, SS

Adell moves down to 7th or 9th if he's not hitting well enough

Rotation:

Heaney
Bundy
Canning
Teheran
Sandoval

Barria/Andriese/Suarez whenever he's ready are the depth guys after this with Pena being the guy to give them multiple innings if a starter struggles

Bullpen:

Robles
Buttrey
Middleton
Pena
Bedrosian
Buchter

Ideally, they're able to make some additions to this group at the trade deadline. A legit closer and another middle reliever type arm would be preferable

It won't happen, but if I were to write the lineup cards:

vs RHP:  SS Fletcher, CF Trout, 3B Rendon, DH Ohtani, RF Adell, 1B LaStella, LF Goodwin, C Castro, 2B Rengifo

vs LHP:  SS Fletcher, CF Trout, 3B Rendon, DH Ohtani, RF Adell, LF Upton, 1B Pujols, C Stassi, 2B Rengifo

Rotation:  Heaney, Bundy, Canning, Teheran, Sandoval

Bullpen:  No idea really, but for now, install Pena as the closer, since he's really the only one pitching well.  Hope that some guys start to find their way..

It should be noted that while we have started off poorly, Fangraphs still rates us as the most likely 8th seed in the AL.  

Fletcher

Ohtani DH

Trout CF

Rendon 3B

Goodwin LF

La Stella 1B

Adell RF

Stassi/Castro C

Simmons SS

Bench: Pujols, Upton , Rengifo. Most expensive bench in the league.

Rotation: Bundy/Heaney/Canning/Teheran/Sandoval

Closer: Pena - dude has been lights out, strikes them out and rarely allows walks.

Send Robles to Long Beach, he probably wouldn't be able to get out Little Leaguers or Brandon Wood atm.

A straight Upton/Goodwin platoon might not work because the last two seasons Upton has hit about 100 points lower against lefties.  Over Goodwin's career, he has hit 10 points higher against lefties than righties.  Maybe a reverse platoon, where Upton plays against righties and Goodwin plays against lefties?