• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FIRE MADDON

failos

17 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

You put your best reliever in a high-leverage spot - and that's not necessarily the 9th inning.  

Having just snatched the lead, with the heart of the line-up coming in the 8th, and Seager leading off, the 8th was that high-leverage point.  Getting Seager out and not letting him bat again was the priority.  

That's hindsight - who knew Tepera was gonna implode?  The safe choice was to use Tepera in that spot - that's why we pay him.

But if Maddon is as smart as he says he is, he'd have put Iglesias in for the 8th.  

This is what I was talking about regarding finding him a hammer and this is exactly what MS did with great effect.

Some of you have been saying he's pulling starters too soon.  The Angels currently have the third most IP totals from their rotation in MLB, the team keeping their SPs in the longest (Padres), are only averaging 5.5 innings per start.  The Angels have averaged 5.17 IP per start, and that's after the two quick hooks this week. 

The other way to look at it is like this.  Angels RPs have thrown 147.2 innings this year, 14th most in MLB, so middle of the pack.  Also you have to consider the fact that the Angels at 40 games, are tied for the most games played in MLB.

23 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Some of you have been saying he's pulling starters too soon.  The Angels currently have the third most IP totals from their rotation in MLB, the team keeping their SPs in the longest (Padres), are only averaging 5.5 innings per start.  The Angels have averaged 5.17 IP per start, and that's after the two quick hooks this week. 

The other way to look at it is like this.  Angels RPs have thrown 147.2 innings this year, 14th most in MLB, so middle of the pack.  Also you have to consider the fact that the Angels at 40 games, are tied for the most games played in MLB.

i really hate it when you bring balance and logic to the conversation. knock it off.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

They fired Dave Garcia after 46 games in 1978, and then Jim Fregosi managed them into contention through mid-September back when only the two division champs made the post-season.

44 years ago 

I’m not a Maddon fan in the least, but isn’t he basically managing the same as he was when the team was playing well?  Has there been a radical shift in his decision making?  I haven’t seen that.  I am seeing poor pitching all around, with limited option to go with a hot hand because that person doesn’t exist right now. What am I missing?

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’m not a Maddon fan in the least, but isn’t he basically managing the same as he was when the team was playing well?  Has there been a radical shift in his decision making?  I haven’t seen that.  I am seeing poor pitching all around, with limited option to go with a hot hand because that person doesn’t exist right now. What am I missing?

the outrage 

I think we were winning, to a degree, despite him, but as much as I’d like to blame this streak on him, it’s less his fault than I’d like it to be. I still think he mismanages pulling pitchers in certain games, but we have collectively sh*t the bed and I’m not sure there’s a whole lot he can be doing about it.